Which 939 CPU should I install to lengthen the life of my rig??

xWhiteboy55

Limp Gawd
I just wanted to know, which 939 should I install to make the life of my 939 system longer. I recently just got a new motherboard, ram, and a video card for the system because I didn't feel like doing a full upgrade to really really expensive parts. I still think my system now tears through a lot of games, except few very demanding ones. These demanding ones I think are slowed down by my cpu.

My Rig is as follows:

AMD 64 3200+
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
2GB Dual Channel G.Skill HZ PC4000 DDR
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS SUPERCLOCKED 640MB GDDR3 PCI-express
80GB Western Digital Caviar HD
NEC DVD +/- RW Optical Drive
OCZ PowerStream 520w PSU

Now, as you can see, other than the small hard drive, the CPU is probably bottlenecking my system. I want to know what everyone suggests for me to upgrade on to make my rig that I care so much about last another year or two. Keep in mind, I'm talking 939 pin. I also want to see a visual difference, and feel that I'm doing stuff faster! Not just get a proc that will raise my benchmark a few hundred points...

Thanks!

Hell of a chip when they made it.
939 was officially buried by AMD in December 2006.
Whatever 939 stuffs you need you better get it while its still around. (It will be around for awhile...but first come first serve rule now)

I would get the FX 60 Toledo Dual Core ~$550
or 64 X2 4600+ Toledo ~$210

or for single core
FX 57 ~$320
FX 55 ~$240
Im surprised the price hasnt dropped much yet.

Socket 939
RIP
Born June 2004
Died Decemeber 2006

If you want the fastest chip with out Overclocking get the Opty 185 all the speed of the FX-60 less the unlocked multi and 200 cheaper to even the score.

There is no good reason for AMD to price drop this particular chip soon. They aren't coming out with any faster solutions on the 939 evar so they can continue to sell high on the fastest chips.

Back