Which 6800nu to get? XFX or eVGA?

[A]MD-Fan

Limp Gawd
Just wondering which one to get?

Newegg has the XFX for $287 and the eVGA for $283 (should be in stock today, OOS for now)

I see basically everyone on newegg bought the eVGA, and there is only 1 review for the XFX, saying the core memory speed was different from advertised (which doesnt put me at ease)

The XFX has dual DVI which I doubt I will be taking advantage of (in fact its a 98% chance I won't)

Which card do you guys recommend?

eVGA, I haven't seen any XFX GTs that have OCed as well as some of the eVGAs.

So newegg claims they come in 8/6 which is today, and they are still out of stock :confused: :(

just do the email notify and keep watching your email...my guess is that they will update later today - its only 12:30 right now in cali.....they probably dont recieve shipments til mid afternoon

I have the XFX and I get an oc of 410/1.1 without a hitch and I didnt even try and overclock the RAM yet too much. These are just the Coolbits settings. Exactly what kinda of oc's you getting with Evga's?

If you are going to use CRT I'd say go with the eVGA so you don't need to use an adapter.

Also, eVGA is known to have excellent customer support, and the cooler on the eVGA 6800NU is superior to the one on the XFX 6800NU.

OTOH if you need dual dvi, XFX is the way to go.

evgas oc better and have the ste up program from evga which means if you don't burn out or mod the card you bought and send in the form they probably have it on their site you can upgrade to a better card like a gt if you want for the difference in price. so if you buy the evga you can upgrade in the next 3 months to the gt or ultra if you want to. 283 for original and 140 or so to upgrade if you don't feel satified with performance

Oh you guys are talking about the NU :p . Evga customer support worries me though and even though what they say on paper, them really don't have it together in my opinion. I ordered an Evga 6800gt from their website last monday and I decided to not wait 2 weeks and I went with my very awesome XFX. I called them up 3 hours after I made the preorder to cancel and they told me to email them. I emailed them and I waited till Wednesday and still not answer. I called them up and I talked to guy a guy who found my email and he said it was probably "processing". So after waiting till Friday for a response, I just sent out another email demanding a response. It is now Sunday and still nothing. If they dare ship one out to me I will not accept it and I will not tolerate any restocking fees etc. After this experience, I will stick with XFX.

I got my XFX GT a few days a go and I can run it at 430/1.14GHZ perfectly.

why not loook at the other ones? the msi is rumoured to have a higher chance of softmodding to 16 pipes.

the gainward gs 6800 also oc's the best as far as iv seen. they also come with 2.2ns ram. the enhanced mode gives u a guaranteed 350/800, and usually they go 400//850 and some even reach around 425/875. the cooler is also the biggest 6800 stock cooler iv seen yet.

prices from newegg

eVGA-$283
Gainward-$310
MSI-$295

if the other ones dont look good enuf then just go evga. they have the best bundle and also evga is the cheapest. thats why evga has the most reviews at newegg.

Back