which 6800

AH786

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
431
xfx geforce 6800. 750mhz memory. 325 clock.

galaxy 6800. 700mhz memory(2.2 hynix). 350 clock.

gonna be ocing the mofo.

not sure which ram the xfx uses , but it has to be 2.2 or better otherwise imo the galaxy would be a better clocker.

any1 have either card?
 
I'd go for the xfx geforce 6800 w/ 750mhz memory. I have always had better luck getting the core up with only marginal memory OC's.
 
ye thats what i was thinking but the gakaxy has 2.2 ram, it should oc good. not sure which ram rthe xfx has.
 
Keep in mind though that the 2.2ns memory on that card may be undervolted so a voltmod could be necessary to run it at spec.
 
I'm running the Chaintech 6800. It's doing a decent job. I haven't attempted to OC that far yet.
 
Back
Top