• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which 6600GT Model should I get?

Ghostface Killah

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
139
http://tinyurl.com/auzsu
In that list you can go left and right.

I am getting a new PCI Express mobo so I was thinking of getting this one:
Leadtek PX6600GT TDH Extreme Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814122208
Because it has the highest Memory Clock speed as well as a higher Core Clock speed

From the link on top, which one would you guys choose?
 
I have a leadtek card, not the extreme one though, its a good card.
 
Leadtek makes good video cards, but if you need/want dual DVI then XFX is cheap and BFG is the top. My XFX AGP is sweet, I've been very happy. Will be even happier when i get a second 172x to compliment my current one.
 
I bought the Chaintech 6600GT, theres 2 versions 2 dvis and 1 dvi/crt, awesome and comes with Painkiller :D like that game hehe.

Theyre all basically the same I just went for the cheapest, known brand that is.
 
I got the gigabyte 6600gt... come with Joint Ops, it owns a lot.. comes with an overclocking program, dont use it though because i dont overclock
 
Get the gigabyte one the the Turbo Force Edition, it pure silent and its with VIVO, it come at a stock speed of 515/1120, i got one and its great.
 
I just put a Leadtek 6600GT Extreme Edition in my buddies computer, Its a killer little card. Stock speed is 550/1120
 
dont go for the extreme editioins of the 6600gt, just get hte 6600gt, if you want extreme edition, you might as well get the 6800
 
Don't get the Chaintech - I had it and it fried just randomly one day. Replaced it with an MSI 6600 gt and it's been smooth sailing so far.
 
MSI gets my vote. Has VIVO and a HUGE game/software collection with it. Looks great too. My clocks to 580/1140:)
 
I would agree with headbust. The msi is cheaper, has vivo and a great software bundle. Great card. Zipzoomfly currently has it for $168 after a $20 rebate.
 
I have the MSI and the cooling is not the greatest. Just popped on a nv silencer yesterday and my temps went from 53/60 to 44/55.
 
ufot said:
I have the MSI and the cooling is not the greatest. Just popped on a nv silencer yesterday and my temps went from 53/60 to 44/55.
no problem with the cooling here. They did have problems on the first batch but thats it(first month of 6600GT's release)
 
sitheris said:
Don't get the Chaintech - I had it and it fried just randomly one day. Replaced it with an MSI 6600 gt and it's been smooth sailing so far.

Weird the one I got a couple of months ago gets at least a 8 hr a day use with World of Warcraft and going strong. ;)
 
I went with a eVGA 6600GT PCI-e today, so I could take them up on their Step-Up program within 90 days. (Got my eye on the 7800GTX hehe)
 
ir0nw0lf said:
I went with a eVGA 6600GT PCI-e today, so I could take them up on their Step-Up program within 90 days. (Got my eye on the 7800GTX hehe)


Whats the step up program about ?
 
Back
Top