• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which 5870 to go with?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
11,020
Which 5870 to go with?

I'm seeing all of thread about problems with XFX5870's and Gigabyte 5870's. Is there a Favored brand around [H]?
 
I've got an XFX 5870 XXX and never had the slightest problem. My XFX GTX 285 was trouble free, too. I wish XFX had the GTX 480.
 
Using a Asus 5870 V2 without any problems other than smartdoctor being a little pain to work with. Right now I'm at 1020/1300 oc, load 65-72c, fan 40 - 45% depends on the game.
 
All of the reference models are fine. I grabbed a Diamond because I got a good deal on it.
 
short version it doesnt matter.

long version, buy something shiny to tell all your friends about
 
I've got an XFX 5870 XXX and never had the slightest problem. My XFX GTX 285 was trouble free, too. I wish XFX had the GTX 480.

Why did you get the xxx version as apposed to the regular stock?

I'm looking at these 3

XFX HD587XZNFC
XFX HD587XZNDC Radeon HD 5870 XXX
XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 XXX

Anybody know what the difference is? I see the stock is 850/4800 and the XXX is 875/5000. It's doesnt seem like youd see any difference from that.
 
I'm looking at these 3

XFX HD587XZNFC
XFX HD587XZNDC Radeon HD 5870 XXX
XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 XXX

Anybody know what the difference is? I see the stock is 850/4800 and the XXX is 875/5000. It's doesnt seem like youd see any difference from that.

You can go here, choose the cards you're considering and click compare at the bottom.

I'ma go with the ZNFC b/c it's PCI Exp 2.1...not that it matters much but it's something I can't change in the other cards as opposed to higher speed which I can.
 
Why did you get the xxx version as apposed to the regular stock?

I'm looking at these 3

XFX HD587XZNFC
XFX HD587XZNDC Radeon HD 5870 XXX
XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 XXX

Anybody know what the difference is? I see the stock is 850/4800 and the XXX is 875/5000. It's doesnt seem like youd see any difference from that.
Ordered it by accident back when Tiger Direct had an 8% Bing cash back promo. I meant to order the standard version but chose the XXX. By the time I realized my mistake the order had shipped. No prob, though.
 
I'ma go with the ZNFC b/c it's PCI Exp 2.1...not that it matters much but it's something I can't change in the other cards as opposed to higher speed which I can.

I'm pretty sure they are all the same PCI Express version. I highly doubt the vendor would have changed that.

@OP: Buy the cheapest one, of course :D
 
Back
Top