• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which 5870? Or something else entirely?

Åndhrimnir

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
323
I've been planning an upgrade to my rig for a few months. The main parts being a high end AMD card for eyefinity (3x 24" 1200p monitors) and water cooling for the CPU and GPU.

I was pretty sure until recently that I'd be buying a 5870, since the 5970 is out of my price range and waterblock selection for it is rather limited.

I'm not sure how the new 6000 series impacts this choice, however. Also, I'm not sure which of these two cards is better for my purposes.

So the question is, is $30 extra a fair price for eyefinity 6 and an extra GB of memory?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102856&cm_re=5870-_-14-102-856-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102888&cm_re=5870-_-14-102-888-_-Product


Or, alternatively, should I not buy either of these cards and wait on something else?
 
yes i think that $30 is worth it for the Eyefinity 6 edition, however with the 69** series out very soon, i would suggest waiting the half month to month if you can
 
There are times to buy and times to wait, now is absolutely the time to wait. 69** is right around the corner.
 
Back
Top