Which 4POST rack? Tripp Lite or Star Tech

Booyaah

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
109
Putting together a new rack setup in my unfinished basement. Trying to decide between the following two which look like some of the more popular 4POST racks:

Tripp Lite: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FAKFNC

Star Tech: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HVKOPBW

Looking at the two I don't see too much of a difference. TL is a bit cheaper and has a few more U of space. ST has more accessories like caster wheels and D-rings included.

What do you guys think? Also curious if you guys even find caster wheels really worth it?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if i were you i'd get neither and find an old used enclosure on craigslist

the enclosures are way nicer than the open 4 posts
 
I can recommend the Tripp Lite. I have it and it is very nice. It comes with lots of M6 cage nuts/screws and cable management hooks that go on the side. The depth is also very easily adjustable. I prefer working on it a lot more then on a full rack with panels. I got it for under $300 from Amazon so I also can't complain.
 
I can recommend the Tripp Lite. I have it and it is very nice. It comes with lots of M6 cage nuts/screws and cable management hooks that go on the side. The depth is also very easily adjustable. I prefer working on it a lot more then on a full rack with panels. I got it for under $300 from Amazon so I also can't complain.

I have this rack and I like it as well. It was easy to put together and sturdy. I picked up some casters from Home Depot and they work just fine.
 
I have a Belkin that is very similar construction as the Tripp Lite you posted and it's served me well.

The nice thing with a 4 post is that it comes in a flat box and you put it together yourself. WAY cheaper to ship, and cheaper in general. (couple hundred bucks vs over a thousand) You can then build your own enclosure/cable management around it if you want. That's what I did with mine:



I ended up getting an enclosed rack from work after the fact, so I put that one in too. But unless you get lucky enclosed racks are very hard to come by without paying a lot of money.
 
Back
Top