• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which 4870 to get?

I bought the 512 Meg for $165, but I wish I had waited for the 1 Gig to be around $200. I havent had any issues playing games out now, but from what i've seen eventually i'll have to turn down the resolution.
 
I mostly planned on playing RTS games and older shooters. RTS games would be Warhammer 40k DoW2 and StarCraft 2.
 
IMO there is no point to get the 1GB.

You can't run the games at the resolution that would need the 1GB of ram.

I can BARELY run 1920x1200 in L4D and COD4 / COD 5 forget about it.. You need to drop it down...... That is if you don't like having a slide show every few min when it gets busy.


I have the 512 meg I'm glad I didn't pay the extra but I wish I got the x2.
 
IMO there is no point to get the 1GB.

You can't run the games at the resolution that would need the 1GB of ram.

I can BARELY run 1920x1200 in L4D and COD4 / COD 5 forget about it.. You need to drop it down...... That is if you don't like having a slide show every few min when it gets busy.


I have the 512 meg I'm glad I didn't pay the extra but I wish I got the x2.
What?
L4D uses the ancient source engine, pretty much any system built within the last 2 years should run it at 60+ fps at any resolution.

If you're getting graphical stutters at 1920x1200 then it's the 512 MB causing that problem. I used a 4850 512 MB for 6 months and I know exactly what you're talking about.
 
1GB version would be faster. 512MB version is already fast but the smaller RAM can hold the card back in certain situation.
 
Back
Top