Which 32" LCD HDTV?

FMX

Gawd
Hope the subject will help narrow what kind of TV I want... I know there are millions of options but I don't know a whole lot more. Basically, which one do you guys think is best bang for the buck out of the selections? Going to be used purely for gaming for a while then I guess HDTV once it gets cheaper.

Thanks in advance any help appreciated.

Recently seen one of the ($600?) Visio screens, 32", roommate got one. It's real good with the Xbox360 feeding it 1080 (720 native panel), I'm sure HD TV feeds would be nice as well.
Though with DVDs and SD TV, everything gets washed out. What kills it for me are the black levels, SUCKS, but I'm coming from a 20" Glossy NEC and a 50" Sony SXRD DiLa which have good blacks, so yea. Good luck man, that's all, haven't been shopping for this stuff latelly

Yea, Walmart seems to sell the Vizio brand... and they sell a 32" Samsung... I dont know which one would be better (bc the Samsung there sells for like $600 while the same LOOKING thing somewhere else is $900 so im confused)...

More input guys?

There are several threads on the Sharp LC32GP1U which is a 1080p 32" tv / monitor with low latency and low input lag gamer modes. It won't be as cheap as the Vizio but it is a very nice display and well suited for enthusiasts and gamers.

LOL....just get a Samsung with 8000:1 dynamic CR, or the new LG with 8500:1, and hey, there's also the new Panasonic with 8500:1 with a ISP panel.

Any more input on the Vizio? Will be used for pretty much games only.

I'm actually looking at the Vizio VX37L, and as far as reviews go, Cnet thinks that Vizio is a great mix of price and quality. They seem pretty good. I'm going to be using mine for the same purpose- 360 display. I will also use it as a second monitor for movies and 2 screen supcom, but TV is not my highest priority. I'm looking at costco, and they seem like a pretty good deal, but I'm tempted to wait a little while and see if any go on sale around Labor day. Just my 2 cents.

I have the Panasonic TC-32LX700 and it makes SDTV and DVD's look excellent. I have yet to find another HDTV that scales standard definition anywhere near as well. The only problem I could see with it is that it doesn't have a VGA or DVI input - only component, composite, s-video and HDMI. I have yet to hook up my Dreamcast and see if it works well with it.

Bought it for $991 with shipping and a 4-year warranty at Beach Camera on 6/16/07, but they don't have it on their site now, only the LX70, which I wouldn't even consider.

I was going to buy 32LX700, but didn't want to wait and was not available in local stores, so i bought Bravia 32S3000. It was able to detect around 30HD channels on local basic cable TV. Also hooked up to PC and loaded bluray/hd dvd movies and the PQ is amazing. I haven't notice any issues.

I think that in Australia the model SONY KLV32V300 is the equivalent of the 32S3000. But there really isn't much on the internet about it.

I think that in Australia the model SONY KLV32V300 is the equivalent of the 32S3000. But there really isn't much on the internet about it.

Some general HDTV chat.
Aren't there 2 Panasonic 700's, both with 8500:1cr, but one with VGA and one without?
In Oz, Sony have released 2 HD ready{no HD tuner} HDTV's...a 32 and a 40{46 might also pop up}....the 40 has a 10bit panel and is supposed to be awesome....as for the 32, it's also supposed to be very good, and can be had for $1350AUD{cheap}....40 $1750..yummy

Viewsonic have also just released a 32 HD ready LCD for $800...ouch, that's hot.

Back