Which 30" LCD Monitor?

VE2007

Gawd
Hi all,

I am about to pull my hair out, I just can't decide on which one to
pick? It's going to be used for gaming.

Dell 3007WFP-HC (Bonus laser printer) $1,999

HP LP3065 $2,450

I hear a lot about Dell's ongoing buzzing sound, dead pixels, backlight bleeding,
cheap parts and other things.

And in HP, I hear only good reports that I now of,
But there is a BIG price difference between them

Plus I read this, what do you think?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/641365.html

If those are your prices go with the Dell .arent they the same except three dvi-d on the HP?

I heard that the panels are the same on the Dell hc and HP but are they the
same inside behind the screen, because of Dell's problems

Did you consider Apple's 30" LCD? Its $1799 direct from Apple with free shipping.

VE2007,

I have the 3007WFP-HC Rev A02 and am very pleased with the monitor. I do not have any buzzing sound and I have zero dead pixels. The picture quality out of the box is great, but after calibration (Eye One Display 2) it is absolutely outstanding. I made a comment in a prior thread about some back light bleed, but most of it seems to have dissipated. It was never noticeable on an image anyway. As far as comparing to HP, the panel is the same, so the occurrence of backlighting and dead pixels should be the same. I stepped up from a 2001FP (S-IPS) to a 2407WFP (S-PVA) and now the 3007WFP-HC (S-IPS). The accuracy of color and sharpness of this screen is very noticeably better. If you plan on working with photos, this monitor is fantastic. This thing rocks with Adobe Lightroom.
Good luck on your decision,
Pop

VE2007,

I have the 3007WFP-HC Rev A02 and am very pleased with the monitor. I do not have any buzzing sound and I have zero dead pixels. The picture quality out of the box is great, but after calibration (Eye One Display 2) it is absolutely outstanding. I made a comment in a prior thread about some back light bleed, but most of it seems to have dissipated. It was never noticeable on an image anyway. As far as comparing to HP, the panel is the same, so the occurrence of backlighting and dead pixels should be the same. I stepped up from a 2001FP (S-IPS) to a 2407WFP (S-PVA) and now the 3007WFP-HC (S-IPS). The accuracy of color and sharpness of this screen is very noticeably better. If you plan on working with photos, this monitor is fantastic. This thing rocks with Adobe Lightroom.
Good luck on your decision,
Pop

Thanks Pop
I'm just worried about calibrating it because I never did it before and how or what
with to calibrate it?

Calibrating is very, very easy. There are several good options to choose from with Eye One Display 2 and Sypder probably being the most common on this board. I can’t speak for the Sypder software, but the Eye-One Match 3 which comes with the Eye One Display 2 is basically click and go. Since the 3007WFP-HC has no OSD (except for a software based brightness control), just choose the “Easy” calibrate mode and follow the on screen instructions. I believe it is well worth the investment to get the “best” out of your new monitor.
Keep us posted on your progress,
Pop

The price difference is about $100 - 150 U.S. What sources are you getting the HP prices from that would deliver to your area?

The price difference is about $100 - 150 U.S. What sources are you getting the HP prices from that would deliver to your area?

I live in Australia and the HP monitor is from a Big Company that sells all
different monitors and computer equipment.
Where I live I have to travel 2 hours to pick up the HP and spend roughly
$30 on Fuel and the Dell Monitor would be delivered free.

I can't understand why people say Dell and HP have the same panel
then they say that DELL use cheap parts and HP use top quality,
is it because of its price :confused:

Another thing to consider is the advance replacement warranty that Dell offers. I’m not trying to push Dell, I have a lot more HP stock than I do Dell, it’s just that Dell offers the most bang for the buck for me. The opinions concerning the difference in build quality are usually referring to the stand and extra DVI port and the general assembly of the case, I believe.
Pop

My understanding is that the S-IPS liquid crystal panel comes from LG. Dell is responsible for implementing their electronics, like the power supply and circuitry and putting the thing together. Which is probably done in Mexico :)

As far as quality concerns, I think Dell and HP are about the same level in most of their electronics, but I don't know for certain.

As the one above said (As far as quality concerns, I think Dell and HP are about the same level in most of their electronics)

Does anyone now for sure?

Calibrating is very, very easy. There are several good options to choose from with Eye One Display 2 and Sypder probably being the most common on this board. I can’t speak for the Sypder software, but the Eye-One Match 3 which comes with the Eye One Display 2 is basically click and go. Since the 3007WFP-HC has no OSD (except for a software based brightness control), just choose the “Easy” calibrate mode and follow the on screen instructions. I believe it is well worth the investment to get the “best” out of your new monitor.
Keep us posted on your progress,
Pop

I have bought the Dell 3007WFP-HC with a bonus free laser printer and with a bit
of haggling got 5 years warranty for 2,100.:) :)

I just can't wait know, it will take 3 to 6 working days.:)

I am very excited for you. These screens are spectacular.

Hi all,

I ordered my LCD on Monday afternoon and it arrived Thursday Morning at 8.45am
I just like to say it is HUGGGGGEEE and Beautiful with NO Dead or Stuck Pixels,
NO Backlight bleeding,No Buzzing, and NO stuck on/off power switch.:D

It's also running great with a MSI 8600GT Overclocked graphics Card running
flatout 2 at Native resolution and other games at 1280x800 and still looks good.
Well, I'm glad I made the right decision in picking Dell. :D :D

I just can't believe how a 8600GT OC runs smoothly on the game called infernal and it's
on native resolution and on HIGH :)

Back