which 2tb m.2

s002wjh

Limp Gawd
I know Samsung is best, but don't want shelf out that much for 2tb. i'm using as boot and game drive, so is there other m.2 has decent performance, good reliability and decent price/performance ratio?

what about inland premium/intel 660p or sabrent rocket?

Depends what you are looking for NVMe or SATA, my three go to brands are Samsung, Crucial and intel.

Do note that while the intel 660p is NVMe it is pretty slow especially in writes for one while still beeing a decent drive (QLC nand) and more of a games drive then an OS drive (but again depending on what you want/need)

ok I like mid+ performance, but also decent reliability since I need use as boot + game, don't want it die in a year or two. maybe not high performance as Sam, but not slow as 660p either. I heard sabrent is fast but don't know about its reliability, also heard inland is decent too. any other choice?

660p is slow for sustained writes, i.e. dozens or hundreds of gigabytes at once, at full speed.

If it's a large download, doesn't matter- game or operating system install? Doesn't matter.

Reads on the drive are full speed.

Unless you're trying to edit large 4k files or using the drive to do mirror backups of other faster SSDs, you're not likely to see the limitations of the 660p in a consumer environment.

660p is slow for sustained writes, i.e. dozens or hundreds of gigabytes at once, at full speed.

If it's a large download, doesn't matter- game or operating system install? Doesn't matter.

Reads on the drive are full speed.

Unless you're trying to edit large 4k files or using the drive to do mirror backups of other faster SSDs, you're not likely to see the limitations of the 660p in a consumer environment.
that's kind what I thought, mostly I use to play game or bootup window faster. seem random read would be more important, which I think 660p is about same or slight slower than Sam

Price/perf wise the Inland, Sabrent Rocket and I think XPG are the best right now. Whatever is using the Phison controller. Check the big thread in hot deals section on the Inland drive.

Back