Which 2060?

Maddnotez

Limp Gawd
Two parts. Best 2060 and is it even worth upgrading for me? Ive started looking at youtube videos and it seems all the 2060's perform about the same but the Asus ROG Strix is quiter and has better cooling. Just looking to verify if this is truly the situation.

I will soon have $300 amazon credit so I'll be buying there. Most 2060 are $350 but the Asus Strix is $400. I don't mind spending an extra $50 in this scenario.

Right now I have a 970, i7-4790k and the z97 board. I play shooter games at 1080p and 144hz. I do not care about ray tracing whatsoever but I'm still not sure if it's worth upgrading my GPU alone. I can't really afford a new build rn but I guess I could wait and save if the 2060 upgrade isn't the best idea.

Was just curious to see what others think. Would you upgrade or wait? If so what's the best 2060 right now?

Buy the cheapest. 2060 may be bottlenecked by your 4790k, so makes little sense to go for the "A" version.

I tend to stay closer to models/skus that are near msrp prices. The way I see it is that if I’m spending more for the same model of card at that point I’ll spend a little more and jump to the next tier.

Avoid Gigabyte if you can, speaking from experience with their RTX 2060 OC I found their software sucks.

Avoid Gigabyte if you can, speaking from experience with their RTX 2060 OC I found their software sucks.

Are you saying both the card and the software sucks? Or just the software? Because AB works on everything (except Radeon VII as of this moment).

Are you saying both the card and the software sucks? Or just the software? Because AB works on everything (except Radeon VII as of this moment).

Just the software. The software is important if you get a card with LEDs

Last edited:
Just the software. The software is impiimpor if you get a card with LEDs
Just cover LEDs with electrical tape
electric-light-bulb_1f4a1.png

Back