Which 20" Widescreen LCD has...

ScYcS

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
3,960
1. Pretty much no visible ghosting (i have a L90D+ and can't see ghosting....might not be sensitive to it; anything as good as the L90D+ would be great in this regard)

2. can display 4:3 images without stretching it to widerscreen. I have a ATI X850XT PE card, so keep this in mind about the 4:3 issue. I know nVidia has some driver option for this, but i think ATI does not.
 
ummmm.....yeah, if you could buy that thing anywhere in the US....and for under $400.....
 
I thought about that model.....but the monitor does not work in 4:3 resoutions. It requires a driver switch that my ATI does not support as far as i know. This will make it really look stupid in games that don't support widescreen at all.
 
The View Sonic is wrought with stretching problems. You may have to go closer to $500 to get a 20"ws model that will solve your two concerns.
 
rblews said:
The View Sonic is wrought with stretching problems. You may have to go closer to $500 to get a 20"ws model that will solve your two concerns.


Thanks, that's what i am afraid of...i might just not go widescreen afterall then.
 
What about the newer models from Acer, Sceptre and Benq? The new Acer looks somewhat interesting (AL2051W), doesn't it?
 
ScYcS said:
What about the newer models from Acer, Sceptre and Benq? The new Acer looks somewhat interesting (AL2051W), doesn't it?

I bought one, waiting for it to be delivered. I'll post what I think when it arrives.
 
Back
Top