Wheres my e-mail?

natpond

Limp Gawd
so im reformatting and i have alot of email in outlook 2003. it is sometimes years old but is of financial nature, so i do want all of it. My question is, where does microsoft keep my mail saved, so i can back them up and reinsert them after i reformat and have all my mail. also, the reason im reformattign is becasue my install is all corrupt, so i cant actually get into windows/outlook to archive it or whatever, i can only access it through my Ubuntu install.

Thanks,
Nat

He was looking for the location of all his email, that he downloaded with outlook and he found it I suppose.

C:\Documents and Settings\”username”\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

and

C:\Documents and Settings\”username”\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

I belive

Use the export feature to export your inbox to a pst file, then reformat and import the pst file you made.

screwmesa said:
Use the export feature to export your inbox to a pst file, then reformat and import the pst file you made.
Kind hard to do when he can't boot into windows, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with Ubuntu, but you can try searching for .pst and .ost files. It should be one or the other. You didn't specify if your using a POP3 account or an Exchange Server account, so I can't tell you which file type.

Also try looking in the paths posted above.

thanks all, it is a pop 3 account by thew way, ill check those paths out when i get back from work.

Nat

djnes said:
Kind hard to do when he can't boot into windows, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with Ubuntu, but you can try searching for .pst and .ost files. It should be one or the other. You didn't specify if your using a POP3 account or an Exchange Server account, so I can't tell you which file type.

Also try looking in the paths posted above.

Doh! I guess reading does work after all.... :eek:

C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst is the standard location for all emails in outlook 2003.

Back