Where to rent a PC for a week?

arnemetis

Supreme [H]ardness
Ive tried googling for a little while and found nothing promising...my friend is flying in for a week and needs to rent a gaming pc, he will be bringing his own x800xtpe AGP card though. Can anyone suggest a place in Massachusetts where we could rent a decent pc? Thanks.

Not that id say this is a good idea... go to costco buy one.. take advantage of their very nice return policy?

Other than that.. I cant say ive heard of them being rented before.

I've rented them before from a local computer shop that offered rentals by the day or week. Or you could go to a Rent A Center or whatever rental places you have around.

There used to be a place where live here in the UK that used to rent/sell with monthly payments electronics like televisions and PC's but I think they are long gone now.

maybe better to find a lan center/internet cafe to go play together if thats what you are after

if you lived in eastern ct (willimantic area) i would lend you my spare 2ghz p4 rig with a gig-o-ram, but i think you are kind of far from here.

I second the Costco idea, then you might be able to pick from some "better" stuff... anything you rent I am guessing would be kinda shitty. Not that Costco would be leaps and bounds better, but still, you can be more picky that way.

The computers on the Rent-A-Center website I found are actually better than I was expecting. Not great, but you can get better than 256mb of RAM.

http://www6.rentacenter.com/site/page/as21-pg4284.html

The costco thing would probably work, but it just seems so wrong. The problem you may have with the costco computers is that the HP / Compaq / Gateway machines that are out now have PCIe graphics slots and not AGP, which is what your friend is bringing. I think your best bet is to call some local indy computer builders to see if there is a display or return that you can rent. Another idea is to check local pawn shops for computers for sale and find out how much they would buy it back for after a week.

These guys might be able to help you. They're predominantly a Mac shop though they have PC's there too. It would probably be quite pricey.

http://www.techsuperpowers.com/
QuickLink menu -> TSP Services -> Equipment Rental on the left menu -> contact their sales people for more info on rentals (they're a fairly small shop..or were anyways).

Back