Where to go from here: OC X4 955 BE

BioInclined

Limp Gawd
SCREEN:
ocadvice.jpg

I run at ~3.7 as you can see from the attached screens. I would really like to hit 4.0, no specific reason other than I think my set-up and chip can do it and be "safe"
I use a Corsair TX 650 PSU - H50 cooling solution(push air in from outside.)
I have a fairly well vented case and transplanting soon to a better case, fan configuration and possible always exposed rad of the H50.
I previously ran to 3.8GHz at I think 1.38v, I can not remember perfectly.
I used IntelBurn to test, but to be honest, If I can run a fair cycle of that and function day to day playing games, I consider it pretty stable.

MoBo: Gigabyte-MA770T-UD3P - I bought it with no overclocking in mind, apparently it's pretty decent for it price/ability.

I am just wondering if I can/should OC my RAM at all.
Using THIS and 16GB of it. I bought it all when RAM prices plummeted last year, I been planning on making a drive on them just never got around to trying it.

I doubt the GPU will bottleneck anything?
GPU: MSI TWNFRZR 6950 2GB running: 1118mv , 840 Core Clock and 1321 Mem clock. Maxed in Afterburner and runs in heavy gaming(BF3)

No recommendations?
Anyone at least suggest max "safe" voltage? or point where it lacks efficiency?
I always do the multiplier first to see if I can boot and run some tests. If It doesn't I usually then bump the volts.
I'm considering a new mobo if it will help. Just not familiar with needs.

Approximate max safe voltage for Phenom II Deneb chips is anywhere from 1.45-1.5v. However, the only safe voltage is the default voltage.

Temps are the important thing. You need to keep it below 62 C. Also, the lower the temps, the higher Deneb chips overclock with the same amount of voltage. So in winter, you'll probably need a lower vcore to sustain an overclock than in the summer (of course, this depends on what you keep your indoor temps at).

Increase your NB frequency. You should be able to get it to ~2400 mhz on stock voltages with a C3 chip, and you can clock it higher by increasing the CPU-NB voltage (not the NB voltage). Increasing NB frequency helps the overall responsiveness and feel of a Phenom II system. Keep the HT at 2000 mhz since it doesn't really do much for performance, and easily leads to instability.

Back