• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where to get sheet metal?

Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
831
Alright so I need some perforated sheet metal, preferably stainless steel. So far I have looked at the scrap yard and Steel Distributors & Warehouses section of the yellow pages. What other sections should I look at. I would like to find someplace local so I don't have to waste my money/time on shipping. I have only found one place so far and they only have steel not the stainless steel I wanted.
 
I found a place in oregon by going to craigslist and asking in the tool section "where is a place near by that stocks perf sheet?" That's assuming there's a craigslist for your city.
 
Home Depot, Lowes, HQ, etc.. At least in my area (Detroit), they carry all sorts of sizes, thicknesses, and material. Aluminum, stainless, etc.
 
I've got some preforated sheet metal. Big heavy 10x15ft sheets, most of it is galvanized (If we have some of that left). I have ones with 2 in holes and ones with .5 in holes. The 2in holes have about 2 in between each and the .5 in have about .5in between each. I don't know for sure because I don't have it with me right now, but I could check and let you know. That and I have to make sure it hasn't been used yet. I could ship it to you for the cost of the metal, no extra charge.

If you're interested, let me know. Only problem is, I live in CT. Thats a long distance to ship huge sheets of metal. =D

Let me know though and I'll look into it for you.
 
wiretap said:
Home Depot, Lowes, HQ, etc.. At least in my area (Detroit), they carry all sorts of sizes, thicknesses, and material. Aluminum, stainless, etc.



You're just talking regular sheet......he wants perforated.
 
We did two window panels on 2u server last week. We have the metal cutout left from that. If you don't need very large pieces, these two might work out for you.
 
Levell0rd said:
We did two window panels on 2u server last week. We have the metal cutout left from that. If you don't need very large pieces, these two might work out for you.

I need 5 pieces of 20x20 but thanks for the consideration.
 
Your best bet is to check the phone book for sheet metal and welding shops near you.
That is where I get all my metal stock from. ... perforated, diamond plate ... whatever.

As for online sources, you can check out McNichols.com. They have a very extensive
selection & should have anything you need.
 
performance pcs sells scrap pieces of metal left over from their mods. You can request a particular kind of metal, like from lian li or cooler master if you need it to go with something, but it's kinda hit or miss otherwise, i think. Find it here
 
Back
Top