• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Where to get replacement TJ07 window

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a replacement acrylic window for a TJ07 sidepanel without paying $30 shipped from them. They quoted me 15 + 15 shipped.
 
I can't answer that. I need one too!
I contacted Silverstone and never got a straight answer -- was told they don't sell them -- then was told I have to buy the entire side. The latest email I got was
"Yes we can sell you the side panels they are $39 each plus shipping the side panels are not guarantee they will fit 100% in your case due to the unibody design"

How did you contact them?
I was going to TAP plastics but I would have to cut it to fit- would rather slap a new one in so your source may be better for me.
 
Last edited:
I called silverstone up and they said a replacement side window is $15 plus $15 ship which is ridiculous for a side window.
 
Use a dremel or a rotozip or even a table saw. Just get an appropriate blade.

And mount it firmly on place and cut it w/ a piece of wood too & you'll get a much cleaner cut.
 
I'd get polycarbonite instead. It doesn't melt when you cut it. I cut mine with a jigsaw. It's also a lot stronger.
 
I called silverstone up and they said a replacement side window is $15 plus $15 ship which is ridiculous for a side window.
Amazing, they emailed me (Joel) and said 39.00 plus shipping and it may not fit...!. I'll do the home depot thing.....thanks Dutt1113 for the confirmation on cost!
3-21- 2011 Just talked to them and the cost is now $12 for the window. The price they quoted was for the entire side panel.
 
Last edited:
let me know how you guys go about getting a clean cut on a sheet of acrylic from the hardware store. All I have is a dremel and trying to figure out how to get a clean square cut
 
let me know how you guys go about getting a clean cut on a sheet of acrylic from the hardware store. All I have is a dremel and trying to figure out how to get a clean square cut

Don't use a dremel on acrylic. It'll melt all over the damn place. Polycarb, as said before will be fine though.

For reference, this is the polycarb I made my TJ07's window out of.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to see places carry them pre-cut, but since the case has been out for some time now its alot harder to find. Best bet like everyone said is to make your own.
 
What about frozen cpu? I know some of them online shops sell side panels for some cases.
 
Back
Top