Where to get replacement battery?

icthus13

2[H]4U
Hey guys, my laptop battery has gotten to the point where it needs replacing. Can you reccomend a good place to shop for a battery? Buying direct from Hewlett-Packard is a little pricey.

Oh, it's a replacement for a Pavilion ze4200. Thanks in advance!

I wouldnt buy a battery off ebay unless it had some type of warranty, what happens if you receive it and it does not hold a charge?

atleast with partsearch option it comes with a 1 yr warranty and they will work with you and the mfg if the battery fails in that time.

I've bought several batteries off of ebay for various laptops. I actually am waiting on one right now. I've never had a problem. Some of them offer a 1 year warranty as well.

Javelin3o4 said:
I wouldnt buy a battery off ebay unless it had some type of warranty, what happens if you receive it and it does not hold a charge?

It's no different than buying anything else on ebay that may arrive broken. Use PayPal and buy from a seller with good feedback and you shouldn't have a problem.

Buying a battery anywhere other than ebay is equivalent to using $5 bills to wipe your ass. You're just throwing money in the toilet.

DellAxim said:
It's no different than buying anything else on ebay that may arrive broken. Use PayPal and buy from a seller with good feedback and you shouldn't have a problem.

Buying a battery anywhere other than ebay is equivalent to using $5 bills to wipe your ass. You're just throwing money in the toilet.
agreed. so many people think ebay is this place where you can easily get defrauded. the truth is, if you are SMART about who you buy from, the chances of you being screwed out of some money are very low. just use your brain, and ebay has some great deals.

santaliqueur said:
agreed. so many people think ebay is this place where you can easily get defrauded. the truth is, if you are SMART about who you buy from, the chances of you being screwed out of some money are very low. just use your brain, and ebay has some great deals.

Not true. Myself and one of my co-workers bought items off of eBay from sellers with no negative feedback. Paid for the items, even paid PayPal's insurance charge. Both of us ended up with no merchandise and a letter from PayPal stating "Sorry, we can't give you your money back but we think this is a fair resolution" even after filling out every single form on PayPal/eBay within the time frame specified and calling to verify everything was done correctly.

If you don't believe me I have the archived copy of the auction, the letters from PayPal, other buyers after my auction and the forms I filled out on eBay and PayPal as proof.

There's a reason I never buy anything off of eBay anymore, because they don't care whether or not you get screwed they still get their money and there's really nothing you can do about it. If you're looking for batteries, APC will be a good source. www.apc.com will have just about any battery you need and a good warranty to boot.

The_Mage18 said:
If you're looking for batteries, APC will be a good source. www.apc.com will have just about any battery you need and a good warranty to boot.

Just for shits and giggles I went to the APC to check out their battery selection. They didn't have batteries for 2 out of 3 of my laptops.

They don't have anywhere near the selection you will find on ebay.

Snotrocket said:
Just for shits and giggles I went to the APC to check out their battery selection. They didn't have batteries for 2 out of 3 of my laptops.

Huh, I stand corrected. They USED to have a wide selection. Damn unreliable companies. :D

DellAxim said:

I woulda thought it was the other way around.

Back