Where to get network equipment?

Where can you get network equipment at? I can't seem to find it anywhere for a cheap price. It's not going to be in production as I'm just going to use it for learning purposes. Is Ebay the best place?

ebay and craigslist....

typical warnings go out, beware if a deal sounds too good to be true, etc etc.....happy hunting

What kind of network equipment? We don't have a problem finding places to get it...but it depends on "what" you're looking for.
Newegg
CDW
Ingram Micro
Monoprice
..just to name a few.

im selling alot of my surplus networking equipt. if you wanna check it out send me a PM

Cisco
Net App
Nortell
3com

name it i might got it

Dang, should ready stickies huh? :p

Where do I get IOS images though?
meh, no worries if you didn't read it but I would :)

technically you need a CCO account to get the IOS's but for routers that you have a valid service contract for. Im sure you can read more about it though through other sources.

I LOVE PIX boxes. Not a big fan of the ASA they got out now. Sorry to hijack but how much for 1
so wait, you like the PIX but not a fan of the superior ASA? :p Please do tell. You're probably the first person I heard that has this opinion. You really liked the older style CLI vs the new shell CLI?

im selling alot of my surplus networking equipt. if you wanna check it out send me a PM

Cisco
Net App
Nortell
3com

name it i might got it

YGPM

I have a couple of PIX501's if you want something older.

Sure, I'd be interested. I'll send a PM

meh, no worries if you didn't read it but I would :)

technically you need a CCO account to get the IOS's but for routers that you have a valid service contract for. Im sure you can read more about it though through other sources.

What is a CCO? I'm guessing Cisco something?

so wait, you like the PIX but not a fan of the superior ASA? :p Please do tell. You're probably the first person I heard that has this opinion. You really liked the older style CLI vs the new shell CLI?

the thing is i was in cisco netacad when the pix was brand new so i learned on it. fast foward years later when im using an ASA and its different......messed me up. So its more about me and the box then the box itself.

Personally im WAY better with just an plain old linux box CLI and pacman or RPM packages.

IPtables wtf

Back