Where to get key for cam lock?

phasmatis_nox

[H]ard|Gawd
I have one of these:
camlocksm.jpg

that has no key. I ripped it from a gayway 2000 or something. I read that save for diameter, this type of key is generic. Does anybody know where I could get a key for this? Somebody wants me to install one of their machine for them, and I'm hoping I can use this one.
(Yes, it's a keyswitch- the one pictured is not)

Ive got 2 or 3 of those type of keys on my keyring, one for the T1 smartcard at work, and 2 others to open the doors to the hotswap hard disk racks. Unfortuately each one is diffrent. (or I would not be carrying 3)

Most small business they can't cut much off on price cause of high over head. Locksmith even more costy to run cause of tools, vehicles, stock, gas, people, rent, utilities, ect...

15 dollars isnt too bad. Hardware stores dont carry the key machines for radial keys. Radial keys are very challenging to cut if you dont have any idea of the cut-code for that lock. The locksmith would have to dissasemble the lock and read the individual pins.

Unless of course you already have the code for the lock, or there is a number on the lock itself that the locksmith could look up to discover the code. If that is the case, 15 bucks is a good bit much.

I was just hoping to not have to throw a perfectly good switch away. I just recieved a super-high quality keyswitch in the mail as a commercial sample- I'm seeing if they'll throw another one my way. :D

Back