Where to get cheap dremel?

i got mine at HDepot for $39 carrying case and a lot of accessories... Not a bad price if you ask me.
 
I got a generic dremel at a place called The Chirstmas Tree Shop in New Hampshire. $20, came with the rotary flex extension, a bunch of bits, case, etc. It was fully adjustable rpms too, been using it since Thanksgiving, works great.

Dunno if they have a website, and their inventory changes weekly, so not sure if you can still get one from there.
 
Ebay for cheap or Home Depot/Sears/Lowes for new one.
 
schucks has a cheap rotary tool as well (under $20) but i have no experience with it...
 
how much should one expect to pay for an actual dremel (corded, powerful enough to do necessary modding)? I recently seem to have busted my cheapo $20 nikota tool, and I am trying to decide whether or not to go for the real thing this time, even though the cheapo tool served me well.
 
Get an RTX it from black and decker. I have one. it works great and can use the same bits as a dremel. Mine was $40 Ebay 2 Yrs back
 
Walmart has sales on them from time to time, the last one had them going for about $35. I have to go out there next week so I might pick up a new one if they are cheap again.
 
I found one for $30.
Its got a flex shaft, variable speed and a whole mess of bits.
Found it the Auto parts store Pepboys.
 
I was just going to say to check Pepboys, there is a dremel like tool there for under 20$.

I dunno if normal dremel bits will fit on it though.

If i was you, I would wait till you see a Dremel (Brand) on sale or something and buy that. 20$ is cheap, but makes me think it will not last as long or has as many features like varible speed.
 
walmart's own cheapie brand about $19. I've been using one pretty heavily for about 3 years now, lasted a lot longer than the cordless b&d I had
 
Back
Top