Where to get Bulk Cat 5?

lowes and home depot also usually have it in the electrical section for the same price

Thank you! Monoprice seems to have some pretty good deals! I'll have to go check out home depot and lowes.

+1 monoprice, also have done menards and what not, i got mine for 35$ for a 1000$ roll 3 years back on sale or something. Shoot if you need like 700ft and are near milwaukee wi, you can pick mine up for 25$, i never got around to using it and when i wire my house i'm going to get cat6 so this stuff isn't really needed.

hold on....

What application are you using this for?

IF it's for a commercial application, check the city and county building codes to make sure you don't have to use Plenum or not. I got shafted here in Austin on that before.... Plenum all the way around in our building!!!!

lowes and home depot also usually have it in the electrical section for the same price

And if not the same price, you might be able to sweet-talk the electrical associate into price matching, even though we technically don't match online competitors ;)

I have, but only for the bigger rolls. Could've been on sale, but I don't remember.

If you can find them. Biggest my store sells is 500ft rolls (I believe) for about $80, though you can apply the ideas in the first answer. Just don't go above $50 discount (for Canada, at least) since that's the max a floor associate can markdown ;)

Monoprice is ridiculous. I'm placing an order right now...getting so many cables and I'm not at $20 yet. 50' Cat6 for $5!

Back