Where to find West 37" whith "Special Discounting" ? Need Help =/

DouglasteR

Gawd
The Story :

I First saw this forum thanks to Mathesar and his FW900, here in Brazil, we barely find anything beyond 17" ( CRT or LCD ), as an Videophilic, i've always try to find some "Big monitor" even whit some $$ i cant find. After months of search, i found a Barco ICD321 - 21 "Belly Flat :D " that handles 1600x1200@75hz, this is one of most powerfull monitors ive ever see.
After 2 yers whit Barco, i start to search for a new monitor and found the FW900, was love in the first saw. 24 pol, Wide and Really Flat, a Behemoth in all means, including weight and size.

Here reside the PROBLEM :

I live in Brazil, and the shipping tax to here is absurd, about 2k D$, even on maritimal is 1,3k D$, but the problem dont stop there, the "Taxes" to import a product is 75% on final price, in others terms :

- FW900 = 450 D$
-Shipping and Hadling = 2200D$
- Taxes = 75% of all

Lets start whit 3500 D$, the money in my country is called "Real" and is about 2,25 weaker than the Dolar, so

3500 x 2,25 = 7850 R$ !! ( i can buy a like new car whit this money )

This become impossible to me.

Because of the weight of the FW900 i start looking to some Big LCD and found the 37" Westinghouse, if whit the fw900 was love at first saw, whit the West 37 i almost cried, I MUST have this one i think myself.

The Price, about 1,500 D$ is much, but i can afford ( i guess ).

The shipping problem was solved by a friend of mine that is going to NY in Feb.

The problem stay in the Tax, here in Brazil, we have a 500 D$ limit per person to enter in the country, and heres the problem, i need some vendor that sell the LCD to me on regular price, but emit a fiscal note whit the price bellow 500 D$ !

Anyone knows where i can find some company that help me whit this ?!

Thank you VERY much :p

PS1. Sorry for the horrific english

Back