• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where to find Electronics Suppliers

FireBean

Gawd
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
994
I have looked and looked, but I can not seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm doing a side panel mod on my 700D and I'm hooking some fans to side to try to create positive pressure in the case. I don't want to gave to connect and disconnect a wire every time I take the side panel off. It's not a matter of laziness, but just pure anal-ism about having a wire hanging freely. I'm looking for an electrical connector that will make contact with it's "partner" when the side panel is slapped on.

To further elaborate if you don't get what I'm trying to say; There will be a connector on the side panel that leads to the fans that are one the side panel. The other connector will be on the chassis. When you slap the side panel on, it will make contact and supply power to the fans. Since the 700D's side panels do not slide on, but just "click" closed, then I don't see this being an issue.

Any Ideas or does anyone know what this connector would be called.
I'm also in need of a good electronics supplier for odd bits and ends. Something with a LOT more selection than Radio Shack.
 
Last edited:
These are EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I wonder how big they are.

To the other two posts, THANK YOU!!!
 
Back
Top