Where to find a 250mm fan?

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I've seen Thermaltake armor and some new Enermax cases with a giant 250mm fan on the side. I have a Ultra Aluminus and would love to cut the plexi and replace the useless 80mm duct and "gpu vent" with one of these bad boys. None of the usual suspects have it in stock. :(

Lol...yeah, I already know about those but since i don't have a TT case I would like to avoid paying $35+ shipping and wasting a good door. ;)

digikey.com. Or if they don't have it, google online to find a model number, and call up your favorite electronics distributor (I like O2xygen.com)

Striking out so far....seems like this could be a big item for case modders if only someone would sell the fans separately. :confused:

^bump^ C'mon...am I the only one that sees the awesomeness of cooling the entire mobo including proc and vid card with a single low noise fan? Somebody has to be selling these somewhere..

stormshadow said:
you have the exact same topic in two different threads.
2 different subforums....some people have favorite subforums and never visit others. Both posts are relevant to the forum they were posted in..I'm not spamming every forum.

~GoaT~ said:
you can buy the tt side panels and use the 25cm fan if you really want to.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...th=322&zenid=120ed974f49553a3295fd24c7d206e84

Okay, in the 120 mm fan thread, a lot of us are saying that the spec. of Thermaltake, in this case, 15 dB, is pure BS.

So:

1) how noisy is it really? Does anyone own this gigantic sucker?

2) W/ such a huge fan, wouldn't that suck a lot of dust? I have a UPS that has a fan on 24 hr./355 days, and every week, at the air inlet, there are some dust, last year, I didn't know about this problem and never pay attn. to it, this summer when I move the UPS, there is about 2 pound of dust suck up at the inlet.

Likewise, in any ATX case, the front and the rear loading fan also sucks dust in, which is why we have to dust spray it. But w/ a fan that big, don't we have to dust spray it every week? Who own this fan that can tell us more?

3) Does that metal door+ fan only fits in a TT tower or is it a generic model that fits into any minitower case?

I know about 150mm fans, but what they actouly make 250mm case fans? Arn't those only for servers and work stations like blades. o_O

They sell a 250mm fan with blue LEDs here

Specs:

Color: Clear Fan with 5 Blue LED and Black bezel (Silver Optional)
Fan Dimension: 250 x 250 x 30 mm
Rated Voltage: DC 12V
Wattage: 11 Watts
Amperage: 0.9A
Fan Speed: 820RPM ±5%
Airflow: 105.2 CFM ±5%
Noise: 19 dBA
Connector: 4 Pin Molex connector

Only $22.50 (+shipping) AND you get free sleeving of your choice of color

Picture:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/250MM_LED_FAN_01.jpg[/

[color=cyan]EDIT: Please take the time to read the rules you agreed to when you registered here, including:

(14) Do not post MATERIAL where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (Bandwidth Theft) Images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host.

(25) You are allowed one signature per post. A signature section is supplied for that usage. No one wants to see your name on your posts multiple times as it is annoying.

- Lethal[/color]

Back