Where to Find 1U Rack Mount Brackets

Track Drew

Limp Gawd
I recently picked up a D-Link DES-1026G for a steal for a little project. Unfortunately the unit didn't come with the rack mount brackets.

Anyone know where you can find a set for this? I've scoured ebay and amazon but came up empty handed. Some universal ones look close, but the measurements are always a bit off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you tried to contact dlink?

I did, twice through their "contact d-link for parts". That was about a month ago and I received no response either time. Maybe third times the charm? ;)

Full story: I only paid about $15 shipped for the switch on ebay and the seller said the brackets were included when I asked before bidding. Switch arrives and there are no brackets. Some messages back and forth, seller says they're currently moving the shop and brackets are packed in boxes (likely bs), and now they won't respond to me.

The issue with the seller is separate and the best I would expect out of some ebay resolution is refund with return. I've already replaced the fan with one that didn't scream and put some heatsinks on the gigabit ICs to cool them down, so I'd rather keep this one.

I can probably find another one with brackets for 25-30 tops. So another $15 is the most I would invest into this. I might just fabricate some brackets as I probably could have done that several times over in my invested time so far.

Anyway, I was really just making sure someone wasn't going to say "You gotta buy all your rack mount brackets from xyz.com" or something.

Or if anyone knows of a suitable replacement:
-At least 16 100 Mb ports
-At least 2 1 Gb ports
-rack mountable
-draws less then 10 watts (the DES-1026G draws about 6 when loaded up, so less is better)
-cost less then $30 shipped

Sorry for all that text. Thanks for reading if you did.

Try cables and kits?
Ebay?
Craigslist?
Or a machine shop and have some made.
Use another brand and drill your own holes?

ive seen people just go use corner brackers for shelving before.. its up to what your comfortable with, but as an owner of a DGS-1224T, I know it is crazy hard to locate rack ears for these if the origionals are lost or not included.

Back