Where to cut hole in a cabinet?

Justin218

Weaksauce
I have a cabinet that I am now putting my pc in and it doesn't have any means for hot air to escape, so I have to cut a hole in it. I'll put an 80 or 120mm fan where I put the hole most likely. Now, should I put the hole near the top of the cabinet, since heat rises? or should I just put it directly behind where the outtake/psu fans are on my case.
hole.jpg

I was thinking put it at the top since I will eventually change my case one day...

I'm assuming this isn't one of those cabinets where the back piece is flimsy and just held on by some small nails or staples?

bc if it's that, I'd just remove the hole thing...actually if it's at all easy, removing the whole thing would be the best.

that being said...heat does rise, so up is good, but I wouldn't make it so high that it is way above the exhaust fans, separated by multiple inches of space. If the case is going to be anything close to pushed up against the back of the cabinet, having the hole too high will make good airflow out of the cabinet difficult.

Back