Where to buy

comcipher

n00b
I'm wanting to get an 19" LCD moniter with a 16ms or less response time so I can game on it without ghosting, and a DVI input. Something like the BenQ FP931. I'm looking to spend between $300 and $400 dollars on it, but can't make up my mind as to where to buy it. One store I was looking at was TigerDirect but i'm hesitant because i've heard alot of bad stories about dealing with that company. I love dealing with newegg, but am afraid of their 8 or more dead pixels only policy.

All in all I just want to find a reputable dealer where I can get a good price and, in the case of dead pixels, be able to exchange it for one that doesn't have any. Anybody have any suggestions as to where a good LCD store would be?

If you are looking for a 19" LCD to game then you should get the Hyundai l90d+ or the samsung 915n. There are quite a few threads about these two lcds on this board check them out.

I've read that article over at tomshardware, and i'm curious as to why they say DVD's don't look very good on that Hyundai l90d+. I definatly like most of the specs on it and the price is great.

Anybody know of a good place to buy an LCD? TigerDirect.com?

newegg has it for 379 shipped. I'm probably gonna order one tonight :D

Ok, i'm still a little torn as to which LCD I want to buy, but i'm leaning toward the L90D+ (only negative I can think of is that it's 6 bit but i'm not an intensive photoshop guy anyway, just building websites and hobby use.

Now my primary concern is where to buy the damn thing from. Anybody know of a place that's plesant to deal with and has a good dead pixel policy? TigerDirect ?

I am thinking about getting a BenQ FP931 , Acer A1914SMD or the Hyundai L90D+. All are 19", have DVI, and are 16ms, 12ms, and 8ms response times, respectively. The only place I have found that will accept a return with no questions asked is Dell. However, they are asking $401.95 for BenQ FP931 and don't carry the other two monitors. The only other place I have found is KC Computers. They have almost a perfect rating on resellerratings.com. I talked them personally and they promised that I could send it back for an exchange or refund. However, I would have to pay for the shipping both ways. They do have the Acer A1914SMD or the Hyundai L90D+ in stock, but they are about $50.00 more than Newegg and other stores. I have sent out about 10 emails to other merchants asking about their return policy, but haven't heard back from them since it's Sunday. I have a $90.00 Dell coupon, so I am also keeping my eye on the 2005fpw. It went for about $490.00 last week with free shipping. That would be about $400.00 for me. I would all over that. I'm gonna keep looking.

Borocay

comcipher said:
Now my primary concern is where to buy the damn thing from. Anybody know of a place that's plesant to deal with and has a good dead pixel policy? TigerDirect ?

If you're worried about dead pixels, then go with the samsung. All LCD's purchased in 2005 are guarenteed to have no dead pixels or they'll replace it. Then just order from newegg which have excellent customer service and fast shipping.

I thought Samsung's zero dead pixel policy only applied to South Korea. If that changed then I would purchase one from Newegg in a minute. That would be sweet.

I think i've narrowed my decision down to the Hyundai L90D+ and BenQ FP931. The L90D+ has an amazing 8ms response time and the only real downside to the thing is that it DVD's on it don't look completly perfect, but i'm not terribly concerned about that part because I watch movies on my TV. The BenQ FP931 has a 16 ms response time and is a bit cheaper, but has a slightly more narrow viewing angle.

Either will work for me, generally I will only be using it for web browsing, games, programing and web design / photoshop occasionally. I just really need to figure out where the best store is to buy it. I'm not terribly concerned if I get -a- dead pixel, but if I had multiple i'd really like to be able to exchange it for a different one.

I called TigerDirect and asked if I got a moniter with a dead pixel if they would exchange it, and they said that they would, but i'm not sure if I can take the reps word for it or not.

Oh, and that zero dead pixel thing is only in south korea so far as I can tell.

Ok.....i read about it in MaxPC and noticed that they implied it wasn't honored in the US yet.

Back