Where to buy?

tacos4me

Gawd
So I'm looking to get a 4870 to replace my GTX, but everyone is out of stock and I'd like to get it ordered before the weekend. Are there any places that have/will have some today or tomorrow? :confused:

I ordered one at BB very early on and got the backordered email. It looked like they don't have any and are just taking orders. I called up their 800 number and the rep told me visiontek hasn't shipped any to them yet and they have no idea when they'll get some...

How long did it take for you to get the email? I haven't heard anything about being backordered yet. Hopefully they got some cards in today.

Sorry man. I fell into the same trap yesterday... I had my bestbuy order in pretty quickly after they were listed and I got an email saying that my order was confirmed and that I would be getting them in 2-3 days. Everyone was saying they were getting "backordered" emails but I didn't get one so I thought I might have been in the clear... then I got the "backorder" email this morning saying I should get it sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. Screw that! On top of that you have to call them up and wait about 10 minutes to cancel your online order... I was going to politely complain that this was a pretty crappy sales tactic that would make me very unlikey to buy from them online again, but then I got connected to a really nice old lady so I didn't have the heart. Damn those slick executives, they think of everything. :(

Anyway, I found some at mwave like I mentioned above, but then I managed to get in on newegg's recent diamond 4870 stock. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm pretty sure the mwave one is an OEM card. Plus I really don't care for the Sapphire sticker on the cooler! :) I got order confirmation from newegg so I guess I'll cancel my mwave order then...

Your best bet is to keep looking throughout the day as new stock comes online, or go the mwave route... you can keep the bestbuy orders alive if you want since they don't charge you until they ship, but I 100% guarantee that you will be getting a "backordered" email either today or tomorrow. :(

Yeah, I got the email about half an hour ago. :mad: What a shady business practice. I'm never ordering from BB again. Thankfully Newegg got some PowerColor back in stock, so I'm all set.

Yeah, I got the email about half an hour ago. :mad: What a shady business practice. I'm never ordering from BB again. Thankfully Newegg got some PowerColor back in stock, so I'm all set.
Glad to hear it. Don't forget to cancel your Bestbuy order or else a month from now you'll be getting a surprise package on your doorstep! :)

Back