Where to buy Yeong Yang YY-0221 or similar

bastage

Pics of your wife?
So currently my server is in a v351b & while its an awesome case, there isn't enough expansion possible in the way for HDD's.. The Yeong Yang YY-0221 would be nearly perfect for the use, but Its old so no place I can find carries it anymore. With this Size is an issue as I dont really have the place or desire to have a tower sitting anyplace in my office on the floor so I want to be able to keep my server on the shelf its on.. basically 16" high by 18" deep or wide.. I can turn it sideways if needed. & The shelves are adjustable So I can move the next shelf up an inch or 2 if needed.

Any input would be appreciated.

Man I remember wanting that case so bad to mod the hell out of it 5 or 6 years ago...what a great case, hope you find one!

I have that case and bought it about 6 years ago.
I might have purchase it from the link above since that site looks familiar.
My cost was $240 shipped back then.

older pic with my old setup from 09,
cpu-side.jpg

gtx285.jpg

drives.jpg

drives01.jpg

cpu-rear.jpg

cube-drives.jpg

here is a recent picture.
It weighs about 60lbs.

thanks for the link.. Thats too rich for my blood still.. I Guess I may have to fab something up, Or jsut go with a regular case..

It was 55lbs with 7 internal drives and there are 9 internal drives now, maybe 57lbs, I just rounded up to 60.

I actually have a double-wide server case (purchased from circotech) that I'm looking to unload.

I bought it to fill with HDD's but now I don't keep my storage in this machine anymore.
I'll PM to see if you're interested.

a Lian Li V2000 / V2100 or PC-201(B) will fit 12 HDDs stock.. add two 4-in-3 cages = 20 total.. & with a small mod (like the one I've done to my PC-201B) & it'll fit 24 HDDs.. is that enough? :p :D

a Lian Li V2000 / V2100 or PC-201(B) will fit 12 HDDs stock.. add two 4-in-3 cages = 20 total.. & with a small mod (like the one I've done to my PC-201B) & it'll fit 24 HDDs.. is that enough? :p :D

the double wide cases are also great for water setups.
I have basically an entire full-tower case for rads and whatever else I want. (Actually I have two of these cases but want to keep one for a WC try in the future)

the double wide cases are also great for water setups.
I have basically an entire full-tower case for rads and whatever else I want. (Actually I have two of these cases but want to keep one for a WC try in the future)

link me one of these double wide cases.. I *think I've seen one before - it was a monster! :cool:

I actually have a V2100B in decent shape sitting right here, just missing the wheels...and I can always use another V351. I use them in most builds that I do for people...

Back in the day, I passed up on the Yeong Yang cube and went for this one instead...

DSCN1170.JPG

I miss that case...

Liquid Cool

Man, I'm psyched to see a link to where you can buy this case. I wanted it pretty bad to build a WC'ed rig in. Never could find somewhere that sold them tho :( Wish I would've seen this sooner. Been ripping my Armor+ apart to fit a 120x4 rad in, lolz Thanx tmaxx!

lf anyone still sees this post, I have a 1st Generation YY-0221 Black case for sale 135.00 plus shippping, new condition in the box but need to sell as used, [email protected]

I used to have that black YeongYang server case myself back in 2000. It was very cool but cooling on the motherboard side seems a bit restrictive today, maybe if they redid it with a 120mm fan on the back, I know they added an opening on the side for a fan later but IMHO a 120 fan at the back would be best.

It is possibly one of the best foot rest cases ever, especially if you mount the wheels on it. I warms up foot too (since Slot A Athlon warmed up cube to max I remember)

The front of the case is also totally bad ass with the little door and six 5.25 and two 3.5" openings.

Now I have a V2000 Lian Li and I have to say it has a lot more potential for more hard drives, as quoted 20 3.5" hdd and possible to add more, super cool looks but quite a lot taller, but back in 1999/2000 it was totally badass to be able to mount so many hard drives in such a relatively small cube. F"n amazing case even with bad cooling.

there is no way to add a 120mm fan on the back without redesigning the case and making it either wider or taller.

Not to thread trash, but I have one for sale if anyone ever needs one. Never got around to building my home server, and it just sits there making me feel guilty.

Ok, I know I will get flamed for this. That case looks nothing special to me.

Can't you just get two Antec 300s (depending on what is on sale that week, MC has it for $49.99 bucks right now and I remember buying one for ~$35 AR) and join them together. I guess depending on how ambitious you are you could fab a custom front panel.

Would be also an interesting project and save you some 70 bucks.

Now granted you don't get the nice tiny cube but still 190 bucks seems kinda steep for a case made out of steel and with a plastic door.

Don't flame me too hard please. I'we recently done some modding and now I have the "I can do it better attitude"... :)

Back