Where to buy Laptop Video Cards

I want to upgrade the video card in my laptop, but I can't find any on NewEgg. So I am not sure where I can buy Laptop Video Cards, or if you even can. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. I am looking for a new ATi Mobility card. right now I have the Radeon Mobility HD 4250, but I wanna upgrade to like the 57xx series or something.

As a general rule, you can't. Modular mobile graphics have been tried before, but one unified standard was never met. The only computers that used them were huge Clevo machines and very few others.

You might be able to use a external card IF and only if you have a pci express card slot.
Otherwise you're out of luck unless the original laptop you have had other/better cards that you could choose from and they were swappable.

What's the make/model of your laptop?

Yeah, as jwhited said, you almost always can't. In some models, you can't even upgrade the CPU. The last resort would be to make a DIY Vidock... but that defeats the purpose of it being a laptop, no?

If your laptop uses an IGP slot, you have a few options for cards to put in. Otherwise, your GPU is soldered to/part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

First look to see if your model of laptop had any other graphics card options.

It's a toshiba satellite L675D

Phenom II Dual-Core @ 2.9Ghz

4GB DDR3 RAM

500GB SATA HDD

Radeon Mobility 4250HD

That laptop very likely has the video soldered on the motherboard. I see no pci-e slot on the side so I don't really think that any kind of upgrade is feasible with that laptop.

that's the problem with notebooks. don't like your video card? buy a new laptop.

Back