Where to buy flat fan grills

Originally posted by EzekialRage
look closely, the grill is counter sunk.

All you have to do is bend in the part where the screws go and they will be flush it might be kind of hard though because the PSU's are stamped out and I am not sure how you would do that on a PC case.

Just mount the grill between the fan and the sheet metal. You have to make your cuts better like that, but unless you have a good enough amount of skill to make a die to indent the material where it's screwed in countersunk, you're best off not trying at all unless you don't care about the looks.

Personally, I chose not to use a grill at all on my blowhole, and just made appropriate cuts in the metal to form a "grill" over it. Turned out great.

Someone on here posted a thread on how to stealth your fan grills but I can't find it.

Does anyone remember that thread please post it.

Originally posted by EzekialRage
look closely, the grill is counter sunk.
Look even closer. The fan grill is actually flat. The countersinking further helps it look flush.

SVC doesn't have what I'm looking for, and I'm pretty sure bending the metal to make it flat will increase the width of the grill itself.

I'd like to know too. I've done some looking before but haven't ever been able to find anything. Personally I think those gold plated fan grilles look tacky. If I can't find regular silver replacements I'm just going to put some modders mesh in there and solder it to the PSU and call it good.

Meh, I don't think that would work so I'd just cut a new grille out and stick it in there.

Originally posted by It_The_Cow
Look even closer. The fan grill is actually flat. The countersinking further helps it look flush.
What part are you talking about flat? The mounting feet? It still has two layers of wire welded together, so I don't think it's that that you're talking about....

Back