Where to buy Cisco

Asgorath

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a 3560G-24TS w/ 24/7/4 support. Where should I buy it from that is an authorized reseller? I just got done buying one and it turned out to be gray market. :-( Cisco basically told me to go screw myself when I went to buy support.

I'm not going to slander a company here, but it was from an online merchant I've purchased from plenty of times. They are a recognized cisco reseller.

What a pain.

I need a 3560G-24TS w/ 24/7/4 support. Where should I buy it from that is an authorized reseller? I just got done buying one and it turned out to be gray market. :-( Cisco basically told me to go screw myself when I went to buy support.

I'm not going to slander a company here, but it was from an online merchant I've purchased from plenty of times. They are a recognized cisco reseller.

What a pain.

Find a partner who resells. Try to find someone who does a lot of volume, they should get better prices and will probably pass the savings down somewhat.

What a pain.

I learned the hard way with Newegg too. They should advertise what you are NOT getting when you purchase Cisco equipment from them.

out of curiosity what did cisco want to charge you to relicense the ios? or did they flatly refuse to recertify the hardware?

I buy from CDW-G at work. I'm sure there is probably cheaper places but we get really great pricing and service.

Provantage has Cisco equipment.

I bought a Cisco 2924XL from eBay with 5 bad ports. A quick email to Cisco and I had a replacement the next day.

I work for a company that is also a Cisco reseller. PM me if you're interested and I can probably get you taken care of.

Ended up going with CompuVest. I've dealt with them before. Very good company.

Their cisco stuff ships straight from Cisco. Fast responses, great prices.

I'm a fan of CDW-G, GovConnection, Insight, and the like... (If not in edu/gov't then CDW and PCConnection are the same things)

Alternately, call Cisco yourself and they'd be happy to set you up with a reseller. (And depending on how often you need Cisco stuff, it's nice to have a sales guy and presales engineer that you can call)

I'm a fan of CDW-G, GovConnection, Insight, and the like... (If not in edu/gov't then CDW and PCConnection are the same things)

Alternately, call Cisco yourself and they'd be happy to set you up with a reseller. (And depending on how often you need Cisco stuff, it's nice to have a sales guy and presales engineer that you can call)

I called cisco and they are a pain in the ass good for nothing heads up their asses pieces of SH*T. I was furious when I got off the phone. Great Hardware. Bad Humans.

Back