• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

where to buy Aqua-Computer

mushrooms

Gawd
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
762
anyone know of an importer or someone that sells their stuff in the US? i'm trying not to have to go the bankdraft deposit routine.
 
the res they make would be very nice if it were twice the size, had a flow diverter plate mounted vertically in the middle and 1/2" fittings. :D

that radiator? :eek: run away from it.

as for US sales, I have never seen anyone in the US that carries their stuff.

tried a quick search and it showed nada in the US.
 
Firstly, if you guys have no idea how the radiators perform it would be better to not state your opinions based on what you can see only with your eyes on a computer screen.

Second, visit SNTsystems, we are the only U.S. source for Aqua-Computer and even the mod of this forum has purchased from us. If you have any questions feel free to email us also at office@snt-systems.com.

If any nay sayers wish to argue their opinion on items they have never tried just go right ahead. I have had the best exeriences because I used this stuff before even considering selling it. If there still was a Search function available you would have found me earlier.

-Dan
 
Originally posted by nt|Mods
Firstly, if you guys have no idea how the radiators perform it would be better to not state your opinions based on what you can see only with your eyes on a computer screen.
-Dan


I suspect Tedinde's eyes as well as my own saw the same thing -- a rad design on the computer screen that has proven less effective than a heatercore. At least that is what I see in the first link posted in this thread - i.e. the MaxXxpert Radiator -- the other one in that link (the airplex) looks like it has micro-tubage running to it and fin density above and beyond that which would allow for decent airflow -- if I planned on sinking it in a reservior full of -20C coolant, I might consider it.

granted, the ones at your site are considerably different from either of the rads in the aforementioned link but that design is also a familar one. It is almost identical to multi-pass tranny coolers that have also been tested against heatercores.
the problems with such rads are not much different than with the cube rads like the MaxXx - they have round tubes that make 180 degree turns several times in the course of moving water thru the radiator. Those 180 degree bends lead to pressure drop (at least more than is associated with heatercores). Also the round tubes do not provide as much surface area for contact between the coolant and the fins as the heatercore design. While that design is great if you are pushing a compressed refrigerant thru it in a phase change system, with water or other such coolant, the design is not as effective as that of a heatercore.

if you would like some links that verify any or all of the above, I will happily provide them.

for reference, the channels thru a heatercore are flat and straight = high surface area, low flow/pressure loss...pic of course:
toplesscorereszd.jpg


Do not interpret this as a knock on the quality of the aqua computer products as it is not. The aqua computer gear that I have examined appears to be well made and of very good quality overall. (Although, I would like to see the tubing and fittings kicked up a few sizes to help with flow rates). Still, that radiator needs a little help from the R&D department...

edit: btw, very nice cover for the eheim pump ...
http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=53
 
An intelligent argument, I commend you. I havent read something well detailed as that @ [H] for quite some time.

All AC products are basically meant to be used together, everything is meant to be used with 10mm ID tubing or 6mm. In the actual cooling figures I have found no flaws in what I interpret as great temperatures. 24* celcius is fine for me running an overclock from 2.6 to 3.6 gigs but I wont be happy till 3.9

-Dan
 
your cooling system is performing very well. the 10mm kit??

It would be very interesting to see how the same system would perform if you took something along the lines of a heatercore with a 6" x 6" core and modified the fittings so they would work with the rest of the aqua computer cooling parts. I suspect the AC radiator would be the one part that could easily be bumped up in performance and thereby produce a noticable gain in overall cooling.

Improved flow thru the rest of the loop and better thermal transfer would probably be had with the heatercore route.

hmmm...

a dtek procore kit would probably be the easiest way to test this idea as they have threaded adapters added to the tanks that allow for switching out the fittings with minimal effort. they look like 1/4" thread. also, they can be had with a shroud so one would not have to be constructed (a task that can be a bit of a PITA experience depending on the core you are dealing with).
of course, larger cores with more surface area are readily available for less $$ than the dtek core....a '79 bonneville core comes to mind for some reason. :)
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=706562

another quick trick that might increase the performance of the existing aqua computer radiator would be the addition of a shroud to kill any dead-air spots thru the fins and more evenly distribute airflow across the available cooling area. I have played around with this some on a black ice xtreme rad which has similar fan mounting as that on the AC rad -- there was a measurable increase in cooling performance (although I cannot remember exactly how much as it is 3:15am, it seems it was in the area of 3-4 degrees C)

I noticed that you have 10mm barbed fittings for the aqua computer on your site. what size is the thread on those?
then again, clearflex might stretch over slightly larger barbs if you could not get them to match up just right.
 
Actually Im using the 6mm ID tubing, the system is kept alive by the 12v AquaStream pump, probably the best pump out right now for W/C use. Im using a moded HWlabs Black Ice Pro II for use with 6mm tubing, it uses 1/4" threads to switch out the fittings. The radiator is great when you have space constraints, its mounted on the side panel of my case. If I werent worried about the space I would have used AC there too.

The AC radiators also use 1/4" threads for universal use of fittings.

-Dan
 
I need to get 4 P4's and OC them to the max, then 4 3200+ systems and OC them to the max. Then, I need WC for all of them. This way, in the winter, I won't need to use the central heating to keep me warm in my room... :p The computers will do it all for me. ;)
 
Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
I need to get 4 P4's and OC them to the max, then 4 3200+ systems and OC them to the max. Then, I need WC for all of them. This way, in the winter, I won't need to use the central heating to keep me warm in my room... :p The computers will do it all for me. ;)

Does HE always do that!?

Mushroom, were you still interested in that reservoir by Aqua-Computer?
 
Originally posted by nt|Mods
Does HE always do that!?

Mushroom, were you still interested in that reservoir by Aqua-Computer?


yes! wow.. you have all that stuff ready to sell? ok. i will order from you next week when my tax refund comes through. and whoa.. you're in burlingame, CA. maybe i can just come and pick them up from you.
 
Back
Top