Where to buy a new monitor

Yippee38

2[H]4U
I've finally saved up enough to buy my new monitors. I'm going triple screen and I'm getting g-sync IPS 27" panels. So there will probably be problems.

Which retailers have the best return policies? Which retailers should be avoided due to return policy? I haven't found any posts about this and thought it might make a good sticky.

BTW, how does buying something from a 3rd party retailer through Amazon impact the return policy? Do they adopt Amazon's return policy, or do I have to check each retailer's return policy? Does anybody have any experience with returning something purchased this way?

Buying directly through Amazon provides by far the easiest returns. Marketplace depends upon the merchant and doesn't provide much above limited protection by Amazon. It does not improve their return policy that I am aware.

I purchased a fulfilled by Amazon purchase and when I wanted to return it due to a fault, I had to deal with the return myself. ie Amazon would not pick it up! The only option given was to take it to a collection point inside a local shop. However this was only a £32 kitchen knife and not something like a monitor.

I still think that it depends upon the companies return policies whether they accept returns. Which they might not for things like BLB, they may direct you to the manufacturer under warranty which probably will not get you what you want.

Buying directly through Amazon provides by far the easiest returns. Marketplace depends upon the merchant and doesn't provide much above limited protection by Amazon. It does not improve their return policy that I am aware.

I purchased a fulfilled by Amazon purchase and when I wanted to return it due to a fault, I had to deal with the return myself. ie Amazon would not pick it up! The only option given was to take it to a collection point inside a local shop. However this was only a £32 kitchen knife and not something like a monitor.

I still think that it depends upon the companies return policies whether they accept returns. Which they might not for things like BLB, they may direct you to the manufacturer under warranty which probably will not get you what you want.

Thanks for that info. I've bought tons of stuff from Amazon Marketplace, but never had to return them for defect.

Back