Where the Tech Jobs Are

I was going to send this to the admins here....Steve I think who posts these news articles... it should be front page here......

OVERSTOCK IS GIVING $5,000 to anyone who can help them find a set of people to fill these jobs------->

randomly found it from a family member but I do not do software really at all.... but its worth a look!:

http://www.overstock.com/javajobs?TID=N:MOD_B
(can be found also on the front page of overstock)

I will add another +1 to this thread.... I am another 100+ resume sender with barely any callbacks since all the lower totem poll jobs are taken by the layed off "senior" IT guys... I can get minimum wage but then it would be pointless since I could not pay my college debts off with low pay!!!! (something the whining people with a job say to do.... when in reality a lower paying job will still make me not pay all my bills!!!!) Working for myself and doing part times helping people I know at the moment.....

And I was into PCs before the big " IT Craze" and then went into school for something I wanted to do (and was told was a "growing IT field") and got my degree with high class honors (now a worthless paper at the moment along with all the others above :D)

College degree. About the most pointless sheet of paper many will get. Seriously, anything IT related should just be turned into vocational college with certification classes. Well, unless you're trying to be like an engineer building the chips.

The only time I've seen any kind of use for a degree, is if you want a managerial position. They don't even care what kind of Bachelor's degree you have. It can be Underwater Basket Weaving. Whatever works. It just tells them that you were willing to put forth the effort to get a degree.

The only time I've seen any kind of use for a degree, is if you want a managerial position. They don't even care what kind of Bachelor's degree you have. It can be Underwater Basket Weaving. Whatever works. It just tells them that you were willing to put forth the effort to get a degree.

Which is lucky for me, since I have a Masters in UBW and the UBW jobs have all but dried up.

Can't even get a minimum wage job in California right now. Been jobless for ages. Just been going to school lately. All they hire are girls now in retail. I guess they think it will make them better sales. Impossible to find a job now. Its just way too hard now to find one now. Bush era doesn't seem so bad now lol. Obama has done nothing but give bail outs to corporations. This recession is going to last years it seems like. They need to lower taxes or tax imports to bring the jobs back. All the jobs went over seas now. Everything is in China or India. Need to stop the bleeding of jobs and tax the hell out of imports to bring them back here. Something has to be done or else there will be a collapse. People on the back of pick up trucks with ak47s will happen once the whole economy collapses. We need to start over anyways. Too corrupt now. Corporations now control America. President is just a puppet for the ceos backing him. Only jobs left will be army jobs after awhile.

Can't even get a minimum wage job in California right now. Been jobless for ages. Just been going to school lately. All they hire are girls now in retail. I guess they think it will make them better sales. Impossible to find a job now. Its just way too hard now to find one now. Bush era doesn't seem so bad now lol. Obama has done nothing but give bail outs to corporations. This recession is going to last years it seems like. They need to lower taxes or tax imports to bring the jobs back. All the jobs went over seas now. Everything is in China or India. Need to stop the bleeding of jobs and tax the hell out of imports to bring them back here. Something has to be done or else there will be a collapse. People on the back of pick up trucks with ak47s will happen once the whole economy collapses. We need to start over anyways. Too corrupt now. Corporations now control America. President is just a puppet for the ceos backing him. Only jobs left will be army jobs after awhile.

cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs? :p

Back