Where the heck are the lower priced Kepler variant rumors???

Shark974

Limp Gawd
The 680 is nice and all, but I like I think most people have budgets a little lower. I'm considering right now of current gen cards either the 7870 or 7850.

Except I'd like to see if Nvidia is going to come out with something that trounces those, perhaps at a lower price as well, so I either get the new Nvidia product, or maybe it forces the AMD prices way lower before I buy, either way.

Problem, there's not a peep about any lesser Kepler cards. Literally nothing credible that I can find! I mean sure there's rumored specs and whatnot, but in many cases they dont even make sense now that 680 is out (some of those same rumors claim Kepler still has hotclock and other wrong things). Further the only slide making the rounds claims Gk106/7 were supposed to be out before GK104, so obviously that has little credibility.

At least with AMD, I had a decent picture of what was coming beforehand, at least there were credible rumors, everybody knew what pitcairn was and such.

What gives. Are there at least even any decent RUMORS out there? If nothing soon I'll just get like a 7850 and sorry Nvidia, you lose, hurry up.

Right now there is a silent price war going on with the GTX560s, 570s, 580s vs AMD HD78XX cards.

The thing is you can probably get more for your money with NVIDIA's last year model cards.

I don't think NVIDIA is in a hurry and really anything less than a GTX680 is hardly worth upgrading to if you have a decent mid range card.

Ehh, I have this thing where I REALLY dont like to buy cards that are anywhere near RAM limited. In other words I want to buy a 2GB or more card.

The problem is all Nvidia's prior lineup is ~1GB. So it's basically off limits to me.

580's seem to be going for around 7870 price on newegg, if that low (I only saw one that was below 400 IIRC), and performance is similar but the 7870 has an extra half gig of RAM and is newer. 1.5 GB of RAM might be palatable to me but really 2GB or bust.

And currently I have a 4890...

However this thread just popped up that'll do nicely... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038545446&posted=1#post1038545446

Back