• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where should I put temp. probes?

jsl10

n00b
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
30
I just got a Aerocool FP-01 card reader that comes with 3 temperature displays and fan controls. I was curious on what would be the best use for the 3 temperature displays? I am using an Asus P5Q Deluxe with a Q9650 w/Xigmatec S1283 cooler (w/back plate). All inside a Lian-Li A20B case. I'm using a Nvidia GTX-260 video card but I don't see any way of monitoring that. I was thinking of placing one on top of the VelociRaptor that I use for my OS drive. Anyway, I'd love your ideas on what would be best with 3 temp. probes. Thanks!
 
If you plan on doing serious overclocking, put one on the NB at least. If you plan on OC'ing your RAM, I'd also do the best you can to try and get a probe on one of the memory IC's. Third one, I don't know...
 
Mine are NB, HDD's and HS base, never saw the point in putting one on the RAM as they run so cool as it is.
 
It'd really only be useful if you plan on OC'ing them. If you're only putting 2.1v or less through them, I wouldn't bother.
 
Back
Top