Where is the windows 7 "games" folder?

Klade

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I want to link my windows 7 games folder directly to the desktop. However as strange as it sounds I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've made text files with unique names and stuck them into the games folder and then run searches on those files and still can't find the games folder. At one point I found a shortcut to one of those files and the location listed was simple "Games."

Anyone know where the games folder is located in Windows 7?

If you're talking about the included Windows games they are installed by default in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games

The windows 7 games folder is known in the start menu as "Games Explorer". Search the start bar for "Games" and it should show up, drag that to your desktop and you'll be set.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games

is also the general directory that it's located, but I recommend that you make a shortcut to the "Games Explorer" since you might get some weird behavior if you link directly to the directory.

If you cant find the games such as solitaire/hearts/freecell do this:

control panel>programs>turn windows features on or off>check the games box and hit ok.

He may also be thinking of the 'saved games' folder. If so, go to your user folder, and it's in there. It's not included in a library so you will have to manually navigate there, or click your username on the Start Menu.

I've been wondering about that "Saved Games" folder. Is that supposed to be a successor of the damned "My Games" folder that was used for the occasional saved games and settings?

Back