Where is the HP 2408h???

Agrajag

Weaksauce
After some time looking around and based on my needs and desires I focused my attention on the HP 2408h. Both the 2408 and 2408h got decent reviews and even more impressive is that the 2408h started out at $100 less (at $499) than the 2408 (at $599) so I figured I had a better shot of getting it for around or just under $400.

However, much to my surprise, my biggest issue is that this model still hasn't shown up much of anywhere in the US. I want to get it from Amazon where I have a bunch of credit stored up but they still only carry the 2408 and its price keeps going UP!

Anyone have any clue what's going on with this monitor and what the hold up is?

As a gamer I want a solid, reliable 24" monitor with at least 5ms refresh and a decent adjustable stand (I need it to sit off the desk at least 4"). $400 or less is the goal and now I'm getting tired of waiting.

I'm almost positive the Best Buys and Circuit City I visited today both had the HP w2408h on display and in stock for $500. Syracuse, NY. I won't say I'm 100% certain because I'm not looking at the 24" models, but I'm 97% sure. If I'm back there this week, I'll double-check for you.

Yeah I just got the 22" version the other day at CC and they had the 2408 HDMI version....it looked awesome and I wish I would have spent the extra $150...I don't think it would fit on my desk though.

I wonder when Amazon will get it then. I have a big credit there I'd like to use.

If I'm going to spend $500 it'll be on the Gateway 24".

I now see it on the BB website but at 100% full retail. No way.

Back