Where is the E8500?

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
8,787
I'm trying to get an Intel E8500 C2D chip but its like impossible to find. From what I understand it is very similar to the E8400 (good overclocking, etc.) but just slightly faster. So I wanted to get this chip, but nobody seems to have it (new-egg doesn't even list it). I've seen it on some no name websites I don't want to take a chance on. Are there any reputable shops that have this chip in-stock?

Also, how come its so hard to find? Is everyone else is just snapping them up or is there something else?
 
This is the Wolfdale I've been waiting for as well. Forever. ARGH.
 
It's out, but from what I know it's like vaporware. Just like the qx9770 promised to be out 4 months ago when Kyle reviewed it but intel's had issues as of late... Hell at my store they haven't even restocked the 9650s!
 
Back
Top