Where is the best place to sell my unused windows 7 ultimate and windows 8 pro

2wiced

2[H]4U
Would the best place be the for sale section, or is there a website out there that is better. These are legitimate product keys that I did not use.

for sale section here or somewhere similar because you can avoid the fees of places like ebay and amazon.

F/S here would do it pretty quickly if they are the right price and craiglist does it pretty quickly too!

I've sold extra copies of Windows, including promotional copies, on both CL and eBay. On eBay you just need to be careful with the description. Some keywords are banned, and it's important to include that the CoA and original disc are included.

I've sold extra copies of Windows, including promotional copies, on both CL and eBay. On eBay you just need to be careful with the description. Some keywords are banned, and it's important to include that the CoA and original disc are included.

If you don't agree to a contract not to sell it, then First Sale doctrine takes precedence over whatever MS claims.

It's completely legal to resell "not for resale" copies of Windows or other software if you haven't accepted the EULA first. Though the responsible citizen/consumer should ignore bad laws - I'll resell them even if I previously did accept the EULA (but NOT if I am still using the license). As far as I'm concerned, contracts shouldn't trump law (First Sale should still apply, EULA or not). Considering MS has no real way to know if I ever personally agreed to their EULA, they've got no recourse.

So F whatever Microsoft tries to strongarm Ebay into banning. Just don't make it obvious to Ebay.

If you don't agree to a contract not to sell it, then First Sale doctrine takes precedence over whatever MS claims.
eBay is a private company with its own terms of service, which members agree to. VeRO allows some companies to remove listings directly, and it's not really worth going to court over in most situations. It's somewhat easy to avoid problems with a couple of changes, so yeah? ;)

Best place is on Ebay or Amazon.

Most people on Craigslist offer pirated services of installing Windows 7, pointless to try there.

Back