Where is Playstation Home?

zamardii

2[H]4U
I guess i've been out of the loop for a while, because I remember Playstation Home and watching short clips about it a long time ago. You would think with the holidays nearing now and after so many delays we would hear something about it. Anyone know anything new about it?

It was eaten by a Grue.

(Supposedly in public beta before xmas... it's not that good though, so don't get over excited)

I just received a beta invite to it out of no where--and I'm not really sure how. I never signed up to be in the beta.

However, I haven't had the time to go check it out.

its on my ps3 and its great! Apparently full release for the public is next month

If late was a place, Playstation Home would live there. At the rate they're going, Microsoft will have a Home-killer on their platform before it even gets released in the first place.

If late was a place, Playstation Home would live there. At the rate they're going, Microsoft will have a Home-killer on their platform before it even gets released in the first place.

Unless that killer is out in two weeks I highly doubt it ;)

Numbers have been ramped up, shit loads more the end of this week, if the servers are still holding up ok (as that is what they are testing at the mo) then it goes open beta early december.

Problem with Home at the mo is there is pretty much fuck all content.....unless you snag a Namco Museum beta code then even that only has around 20 unlockables, that and every woman has about 15 blokes surrounding her. Needs some heavier modding IMO

For those who are on the Home beta - what all is there to do other than play games and chat with/meet other players? In terms of the interface, does it replace the PS3's normal XMB or is it just treated like a normal program icon? For those that have used both, how's it compare to the new Xbox interface?

You can interact with people, setup games, buy clothes and furniture, watch trailers, do bowling and arcade games. It does not take the place of the XMB, it is just another program or "game" to play when you are bored. It is nothing like the new xbox Miis.

Home will be out in two weeks? I'll believe it when I see it. And I say that as someone who is actually quite interested in using it still.

So says the Home Manager on the official EU forums.....all providing the servers hold up to the shed load of invites over the next two weeks.

As I posted in another thread, for the last 2 years all I've ever seen is one person using Home. Over the last week nearly everyone who is online regularly on my friends list is now in, and using it nearly every night.

For those who are on the Home beta - what all is there to do other than play games and chat with/meet other players? In terms of the interface, does it replace the PS3's normal XMB or is it just treated like a normal program icon? For those that have used both, how's it compare to the new Xbox interface?

Home is really just a limited version of Second Life right now. It reminds me of Test drive Unlimited without the cars. Its just a place to hang out if your bored. Its not a replacement for XMB and I don't think it ever will be unless they are trying to pull a M$ Bob. It wouldn't really make sense to replace XMB with home as it takes a lot longer to load up home and it would be a slow and inconvenient interface comparitively. It would look cool if it was, but I think the novelty of such a system would ware off and you'd be left with a clunky interface.

Fair enough. I've been a PS3 owner forever and I've applied for all of these betas, but I've never gotten on one. I've been a little unclear what Home really is for a while.

It's a similar rollout to that of Gmail (which is technically still in beta).
I.E. Limited invites at first, then larger rollout of invites, etc.

There's quite a lot of people on since it's gone 1.0, though.
Before it was probably at most 20 people in an area at once. Just yesterday there was at least 100 in the Central Plaza. Jeez.

Its funny as hell how the NXE is out before home and the NXE was announced over a year after home was.

Awhile back they had a Home THeme w/beta invite in the PStore. I download that and got the invite about a aweek ago. IMO its plays like the "the sims" and really wasnt what I thought it was going tobe.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Did more research on it. I read about it awhile back when it was first announced sounded boring. With everything they've added it sounds pretty cool. Ignore the below.:D

Yeah basically

NXE: you get a barbie or ken doll dress it up and set it on a shelf.

Home: Not only do you get to dress up the barbie or ken doll but you can customise the barbie house, play with them and join with friends playing with them.

Sorry guys just not seeing the excitment over Sims PS3. If theres more to it than that please correct me.

By downloading the Home Theme to your PS3 is how you apply for the beta. You don't have to keep it installed to get invited in, just the initial download and install works. I'm not sure if this is how they are still doing it, but this is what I did, and how I was able to get into Home.

As for Home, I wouldn't get excited over it, unless you really enjoy just chatting with people and customizing things. Don't expect it to really replace any of your gaming time, rather just something 'cool' to mess around with while bored or trying to meet up with friends. Not all the features are implemented into home yet (like the trophy room/case), but eventually it could be a great way to just kick back in your virtual apartment with toons playing in the back ground, that your friends can hear, as a meeting place to group up before joining a MP game.

Home isn't something that would sell me on a PS3 by itself or something I plan on spending tons of time with. But as a free app, I'm really not complaining.

Also seems like a good way for Devs to show their upcoming games in virtual land.

As for Home, I wouldn't get excited over it, unless you really enjoy just chatting with people and customizing things. Don't expect it to really replace any of your gaming time, rather just something 'cool' to mess around with while bored or trying to meet up with friends. Not all the features are implemented into home yet (like the trophy room/case), but eventually it could be a great way to just kick back in your virtual apartment with toons playing in the back ground, that your friends can hear, as a meeting place to group up before joining a MP game.

Home isn't something that would sell me on a PS3 by itself or something I plan on spending tons of time with. But as a free app, I'm really not complaining.

Also seems like a good way for Devs to show their upcoming games in virtual land.

Bingo.

I really don't know what else ppl are expecting tbh :confused:

Back