• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where does it correctly display my vCore voltages?

WiL11o6

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
478
Hi, I'm sorta new to this overclocking thing and I'm not sure where to look for the exact vcore voltage. I am on an ASUS P5N-E 650i SLI mobo, and in the BIOS voltage configurations I have configured it to 1.29v to run my e6400 at 3.0ghz. However, none of the programs like CPU-Z, PC Wizard 2008, OCCT shows it as 1.29v. In another tab of my BIOS where it shows the temperatures and voltages in real time, shows my vCore as 1.26v. Which is weird when all the other programs I mentioned above shows it as ~1.34v. Where can I find the actual voltage going into my CPU?
 
Hi, I'm sorta new to this overclocking thing and I'm not sure where to look for the exact vcore voltage. I am on an ASUS P5N-E 650i SLI mobo, and in the BIOS voltage configurations I have configured it to 1.29v to run my e6400 at 3.0ghz. However, none of the programs like CPU-Z, PC Wizard 2008, OCCT shows it as 1.29v. In another tab of my BIOS where it shows the temperatures and voltages in real time, shows my vCore as 1.26v. Which is weird when all the other programs I mentioned above shows it as ~1.34v. Where can I find the actual voltage going into my CPU?
A multimeter. ;)
Otherwise, neither 1.26 nor 1.34 is going to burn up a core. So its fine. Temps matter more than voltage.
 
A multimeter to get the most precise reading. Otherwise, you'll notice what's known as vdroop. You can download a program to use such as CPU-Z which should give you a fairly accurate reading of your vCore.
 
You'll never get an accurate vCore reading without a multimeter. If the system is stable and not operating above 60c I say leave it alone. But if you're still concerned about it, you could try finding the lowest stable voltage by dropping it down a tick and running Orthos/Prime95/OCCT every night before you go to bed. It will take a few nights, but you're guaranteed to find what you're looking for.
 
Just make sure that you don't set anything over a 'safe' vcore voltage in your BIOS. For the E6400, I would say not to go over 1.5 volts.
 
Back
Top