Where do you purchase new phones?

forkedt

Limp Gawd
My current phone (Omnia i920) is having problems and isnt due for an upgrade for about 9 months... Ive seen some decent phones (HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid) on ebay for about $250.

Does anyone know if this is a good price or if there are better retailers (physical or online) out there? I'd like to get into an android based phone as long as I have to replace mine and am looking to do it as affordably as possible.

Thanks!

Since wholesale on the Incredible is in the $500 range, I would be concerned about that price. Something is not right or you did not read the fine print

The i 920 has had some issues that were corrected by a recent software upgrade. I would make sure you have the latest version.

If you are buying anything off eBay use the standard rules of thumb.

1. Only from the US (For electronics anyways)
2. At least a 30+ 100% Positive rating OR a 500+ 98% positive rating (Make sure to read the bad reviews to see why they got them)
3. Ask for authentication pics ... like them holding the phone with their username on a post it or something like that
4. Look for multiple of the same item..if they exist I would stay away
5. Outrageous shipping.....aside from it just being a dick move it usually means someone is less than honest
5. Best Judgement. You can usually tell if someone is shady from their posting...whether it be the cost, the spelling and grammar or a number of other things. Don't be suckered in with a low price....

All of this doesn't mean you are sure to get an authentic item but it helps. I have gotten plenty of fantastic deals on eBay so they do exist....just be careful

Back