• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where do you guys keep up on new tech?

Ayoralyn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
247
Hey everyone.

I'm looking into buying a couple of new PC's for me and the wife. And instead of just outright asking for builds in here, I wanted to do some research myself first, maybe even put together a couple of builds before asking for advice and input.

So my question is where do you guys read up on different components? Reviews? Tests? Comparisons? (Other then this forum of course)

I've used Passmark in the past, is that, if it ever was, still a good source?

Thanks in advance!
 
Looking up general benchmarks on processors is a good first step, anandtech has a decent GPU/CPU benchmark database that lets you compare 2 specific chips against eachother. Gamers nexus is good information if you prefer it in video format, I also like JohnnyGuru for PSU reviews.
 
look up reviews. Often times when a new generation of a product will launch, they will review a couple different tiers at once, and compare to the last gen hardware. So you can get a sense of where they stack up, and if you like, can run the same benchmarks they did to compare to your current systems. I don't specifically go to certain websites to read reviews, I use google, and click on the sites I enjoy reading in the past.
 
Back
Top