Where do you download from?

TBONEU

Limp Gawd
What file service or better yet free service do you use to download all your games demos, patches, and other related material?

I’m wondering if I should renewal my FilePlanet subscription. :confused:

I used to use filefront, but it seems that has gone the way of fileplanet :(. For now i use bittorent to download patches/demos. Not as fast as fileplanet, but still free.

FilePlanet, Gamershell and Gamespot. Depending on who has what...

Step 1) Go to fileplanet to get the file name

Step 2) Go to filemirrors , search for a mirror, download away.

Works for everything but the newest of the new files.

All over the place. I hate the current trend of a major software company releasing a demo, but then handing the hosting duties off to FileShack and FilePlanet. If you want me to play your demo, you give it to me free, don't make me have to pay a subscription fee to get it.

So I either generally hunt around for a mirror or use BitTorrent.

I use fileshack, and I'm subscribed, so I get good throughput with no waiting. I used to use FilePain-net (errrr, planet), but I had frequent problems where my paid login would not work for 2-3 days during major releases and support never responded to my requests to resolve the problems. Fileshack has always worked well for me.

RagManX

FileRush. It's a BitTorrent Tracker for a all new demo and file releases. It's entirely free and I get better speeds than my friend with FilePlanet acount.

The only downside is that sometimes older files will only have a few seeds available.

Talon Blackrazor said:
FileRush. It's a BitTorrent Tracker for a all new demo and file releases. It's entirely free and I get better speeds than my friend with FilePlanet acount.

The only downside is that sometimes older files will only have a few seeds available.

Nice link Talon. Thanks

www.3dgamers.com was good.

However, my favorite was to download from nVidia's game site. I got Painkiller demo and UT2004 demo from their servers at about a 700 kBps clip. :)

Game demos and patches, I use Gamespot. For files they do not have, I think I will continue to use Filefront. I used them a few weeks ago and the lines were always short. Much better than Fileplanet.

www.3dgamers.com

i do it for the bitorrents, always much faster then what I get from fileplanet/fileshack or anywhere else.

i need to try out filerush some time too

3dgamers.com, also. Seems that everything they have now goes through Bittorrent though, which is not a bad thing.

im not a fan of subscriptions so i just find the best mirror

so basically im like Jager, wherever is the fastest

LordJezo said:
Step 1) Go to fileplanet to get the file name

Step 2) Go to filemirrors , search for a mirror, download away.

Works for everything but the newest of the new files.

That's exactly what I do. I avoid Gayplanet like the plague unless absolutely necessary.

3dgamers.com or the nzone that nvidia has... the nzone has given me the fastest speeds by far, but not as many files..

-warsaw

Back