• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Where do you do your modding?

Decker87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
415
Me, I have a workbench I built myself (just for modding). I might be building another one soon. Where do you all do your modding?
 
I drive about 100 miles every other weekend and work in my dad's 90 foot truck shop. A one bedroom apartment and a wife don't make for a good working environment.
 
In my garage. Since they tend to get smaller as time goes by I am taking estimates for
double deep 2 car garage/workshop. Probably gonna have the Amish crew build it. They do good work.

A while back I made a shorter roll-about bench with wrap-around 20ga steel top. Then I clamp
on a piece of plywood when needed. Makes a perfect modding bench.

 
I made a workbench out of an old chair a neighbor left. I clamp down a piece of wood to the arms and I have workbench. And I keep my workbench in the kitchen of my 1 bedroom apartment.
 
DarkenReaper57 said:
Before college: garage.

Now: Either my room or the common area.

I miss the garage, lol.

Yeah for sure. At home I had a nice brand new rhino workbench, now i have a plastic patio table on the balcony :D
 
Anything that's [H]ard. LOL

Living room floor
Bedroom floor
spraypaint in a hallway (outside my apartment)
Moving into a house tomorrow :D WOOT!

I've once lapped a HS while driving on a two hour trip.
 
In my garage. I built this workbench and then another addition to it just for modding. Only cost me a little over $50. The last pic was taken yesterday.

sobekworkbench14yo.jpg

sobekworkbench22ao.jpg

sobekworkbench37yw.jpg
 
In the garage. If I tried it anywhere else my wife would kill me. ...no really, she would! :D
 
before college...the basement workshop. Now that college is here I'm either modding at the art buldings metalscultping studio(makes me look all artistic :cool:) or in my dorm room for the quieter stuff. Whats really bad is when i have to do bondo work...i either have to keep my door closed and kill a few hundred brain cells or open the door and tick off everybody on the hall :rolleyes:
 
Sobek said:
In my garage. I built this workbench and then another addition to it just for modding. Only cost me a little over $50. The last pic was taken yesterday.

Looks nice Sobek. :cool: See you have the Dremel w/flexshaft ready to go.
 
I usually mod either in my room, kitchen or on the balcony! :D I live in a apartment with my mother so I don't get to dremel to much... :(
 
Mod in the garage, only place I can fit all the tools and not mess up anything nice...
 
Back
Top