Where do you buy your networking accessories?

killerasp

Gawd
I'm looking to get some bulk cable along with the connectors, wall panels, etc, etc.

Are there any places you all would recommend?

I got my bulk cable @ Home Depot, and I got a pair of the non-ratcheted (might be better, but I don't personally like them) crimpers @ radio shack. I did a job cabling my grandfathers' SOHO business.

I think a 1000' spool of stranded core utp cable cost me $50 for Cat 5e
The crimpers were $12. I got some 90' in wall couplers and some keystone jacks, just to see which worked better, and used the keystones for the more permanent wiring. I think I got the jacks and stuff from ComReady, http://www.comready.com/

The prices are ok, but the shipping is ridiculous for bulk cable from them. Unless you have a brand preference, as some people like space shuttle bulk cable.

Hope that helps,
DVA

I get all my stuff through my dad's work, who buys from many distributors such as Graybar and Anixter. Those types of distributors have everything datacom related.

Another vote for Graybar. Some of the better prices i've found. If you don't have a Graybar distributor in your area, I'd check for another local wire/cable distributor...

Orwick

Back